Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PTA convention June CSR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eyeshadow
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: PTA convention June CSR   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello!

This is such a great board. I am learning so much about CSR and cannot wait to go in June.

I noticed that the PTA national convention will be held while we are there. I tried to find some info on it and it seems to be pretty large. I am curious if this may change the dynamic at CSR because I am wondering if this type of convention may bring about more families. Does anyone know anything about this convention. Would it be appropriate to call CSR and ask them what they expect number wise from this convention? After staying at POP, we would really like something much quieter. CSR looks gorgeous and I love Spanish architecture so I am hoping not to have to change resorts to POFQ.

Thank you so much in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eyeshadow
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I just CSR and they told me that they have no idea on what to expect for this convention. I am so stumped right now as to what to do. I am just afraid that this particular convention may be very large and have families come along, where maybe other conventions are mainly single adults which would be much better for what we are looking for-quiet atmosphere and buses that aren't too packed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

welcome to the CSR Forum!

Because of the size of the resort, even when it is sold out, it seems like no one is around. The convention guests are busy during the day doing their convention thing so even if they some of them brought their families, they would be at the pool or heading to the parks like you. It would still be less than a resort that was total families.

With a resort like POFQ, you'll have to share buses with POR and lose the queen beds.

eyeshadow
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Smile

I am so thankful for your response because I never really thought about the fact that that it is such a large resort. I have only been to Pop so I cannot even imagine what a resort like CSR must be like. I am so in love with everything I have seen and heard about CSR. From the pics it looks like the most beautiful WDW resort. I hate the idea of sharing with POR if we stayed at POFQ, plus like you said the queen beds would not be there. I also like to stay at something that at feels tropical if I am in FL especially coming from the long Chicago winters and POFQ does not have appear to have that vibe. Thank you again! I am once again content with my decision. It is going to be a LONG 8 months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:23 am

CSR is the complete opposite of Pop when it comes to size and how people move about it. The only time you will notice congestion is when people sign in for the convention on their first day, and during popular meal times (which is true of any resorts) the Maya Grill and Pepper Market will be crowded. Buses at the end of the day will be full, but I've been there when it's a ghost town and the end of the day is always full bus, and again that's true of any resort.

Stick with CSR, I've been there in June and it's not only lovely that time of year, it's my favorite resort (June 2007 was the first time I stayed there, this trip will be my third staying at CSR, stayed at Pop previously. So prefer CSR to Pop. If I can swing it I will never stay at a Value again... CSR - or other mods - all the way!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.photographybyantonia.com
eyeshadow
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:36 pm

It sounds perfect for us! Thank you for sharing your experiences. I cannot stop looking at all of these gorgeous pics. At least I have a while to decide between the Casitas and Cabanas because that is going to a hard decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:22 am

I've stayed in both and prefer Casitas just because of their proximity to the first bus stop. Cabanas is more relaxing, Casitas (to me) are more romantic. Good luck with your choice!
Back to top Go down
eyeshadow
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:35 am

Thank you! We have decided to request Castias 4 or 5 facing away from the pool or any Casita section away from the pool. I have fallen in love with the Casitas-the pics are really my style Our main concern is quiet and near a bus stop, so I am hoping we get the Casitas. I hear the ranchos are quiet, but that section is a bit too rugged for me. DH likes it though. Thank you again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:09 am

Casitas are my favorite and are quiet... we were in Buidling 5 with an upgrade to a water view... awesome awesome rooms...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PTA convention June CSR   

Back to top Go down

PTA convention June CSR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1