Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Birthday Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NiniMorris
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Birthday Question   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 pm

With all the emphasis on 'what will you celebrate?', has the 'specialness' of celebrating your birthday at the World left?

My soon-to-be-adopted DS7 will have his birthday while we are there this year. Due to his handicaps, family vacations are few. We want his birthday to be as special as he is, but worry that with everyone having their birthday with Mickey this year, that his birthday will become just another one of many for the CMs. I don't mean to sound petty, but this little guy has been through a lot in his short life, and we really want this one to be special.

We will be ordering a cake. We haven't decided if we want it to be delivered at his birthday dinner, or at the room at the beginning of our trip. I've looked into having the birthday baskets delivered, but we have decided it is just a bit too expensive for this trip. We are getting him the birthday button at the first park we go to on our visit. We are taking some balloons and a few streamers to 'birthday' up the room.

Does anyone have any other ideas on ways to make this special birthday a bit more special?

Thanks a bunch...

Nini Morris

Mom to Bri and Dami
Born in my heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Question   Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 pm

welcome

Glad you found us!!

Make sure you let CSR know that its your sons birthday. Send a fax about 5 days prior to your arrival. Also make sure you add it to your reservation. They should give you a birthday button at check in. Just wear that around WDW and the CM's will take care of the rest. I'll never forget my daughters birthday when she was 4 turning 5 (she's 16 now). The CM's made her feel so special everywhere she went. Especially once she learned that she got a piece of cake at every restaurant.

Cake Hotline:
407-827-2253

frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Birthdays at Disney......   Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 pm

We are all suckers for a chance to make magic.

When you make your reservation, note that it is his birthday. Include this information also when you make your dining reservations. You will get the birthday pin from the CM at check in. Make sure it is out and visible......your son might get worn out from all of the Happy Birthdays for CM's and other guests Very Happy

I think that I would have the cake delivered at a restaurant. It is pretty awkward serving cake in the hotel room. You can order a cake made and delivered at WDW restaurants when you make your dining reservations.

Disney baskets are expensive....Beautiful......but expensive. You might see about one of the local florists delivering to the resort. On the day you expect delivery, call the front desk (not the operator!!!!!!!) and let us know when you will be out of the room, so we can do a stealth delivery.

Making children (of all ages) smile will never lose its "specialness" at WDW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Question   

Back to top Go down

Birthday Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1