Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lighting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bill1827
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Lighting   Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:07 pm

I just returned from a trip to Coronado Springs and have a question about, of all things, the lighting.

I hadn't been there since 1999, but one of my burning memories from that time was the reflection of the hotel in the lake at night - I seem to remember all of the lighting, from top to bottom, to be tinted gold and therefore the resort's entire lake reflection being a rich gold. But this time it seemed the lighting on all the buildings and pathways were replaced with the bright white energy saving bulbs. So the buildings and lake gave off a sort of glaring white light instead of being awash in gold. The exception was the very tops of the main building which are still in the gold lighting that I could have swore the entire resort was in.

It seems like a small thing, but it is that burning memory of "showered in gold" that was my most powerful memory and inspired my recent stay, and when it wasn't there this time (or possibly differed from my memory) some of the mystery and romance got lost.

But maybe my memory is wrong, so for any long-time regulars to Coronado, is my memory correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Lighting   Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Last time we were there (Feb 09) it was the same but I don't know if anything was changed. I'll let you know in December. 92 more days!!

Lighting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1