Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   Wed May 04, 2011 9:44 am

Yesterday we ate lunch at the Coral Reef. We noticed a menu change. I can't remember when the last time was that we ate there. It might have been December?? Whenever it was, my son had pork tenderloin. The tenderloin is off the menu and has been replaced by a pork chop. The appetizer for 2 has changed as well. The change is way, way, way for the BETTER!!! Now the appetizer comes with 6 fried shrimp that are absolutely amazing!! It was the best shrimp I've ever had. The shrimp were thick and didn't have a fishy taste to it at all. There were also 2 crab cakes that were small, but delicious. They are the same crab cakes as the old menu, as was the Lobster soup. I could not even begin to get that lobster soup down. It was disgusting!! I wasted that. The aftertaste to it, I just couldn't deal with. It's nothing like the lobster bisque at Le Chef's de France that is so yummy!

My husband had the Mahi Mahi and loved it!!

My son had grilled chicken, with broccoli, french fries, and a garlic potato soup. The potato soup was very good, and very "garlicky". Everything in the soup, the potatoes, garlic, etc, was pureed. It was a nice smooth soup that was a mint green in color. My son could not eat the soup as is, but he dipped his roll into it and said it tasted like garlic bread!

For dessert, my son had the kid's sundae. It is a build your own sundae with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, M&M's, and sprinkles. I had a keylime mousse with peaches, pineapples and a sauce on it. The mousse sat on some kind of a thin, sweet cake.

Pictures to come!

Last edited by lovethattink on Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   Wed May 04, 2011 11:45 am

The appetizer for 2 people. Sorry I forgot to take a pic before we started eating it. Totally forgot to take a pic of the potato soup

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   Wed May 04, 2011 12:47 pm

The Mahi Mahi looks wonderful!

Your sons pic is cute! He looks like he was caught in the act. My DD would love the sprinkles on the ice cream as well.

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 pm

lovethattink wrote:
The appetizer for 2 people. Sorry I forgot to take a pic before we started eating it. Totally forgot to take a pic of the potato soup

My husband had today off and wanted Mahi Mahi again. So we revisited the Coral Reef.

We got the exact same thing, again. This time, I had 4 shrimp instead of 6 shrimp. I couldn't remember how many I got last time, so had to check out this thread again. 6 is the count that comes with the shrimp and jimica slaw appetizer. 4 is what is suppose to come on the appetizer for two. Guess I got a bonus last time!

Iliana was our server again!!! We love her!! We were sad to hear that she is going to move to Texas, but will stay on as an occasional cm since her family all live here and she will come back to visit them. She is just the sweetest server, on the ball, and really has made several of our dining experiences magical in an over-the-top way. She goes above and beyond!

Very yummy rolls, but we always need to ask for extra butter.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 pm

I am starting to think that maybe we DO need to add this to our dining plans for out trip this year, we have been very back and forth on it, but your review and pics are starting to make me think we have made the wrong decidion leaving it out!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:40 am

accord99cutie wrote:
I am starting to think that maybe we DO need to add this to our dining plans for out trip this year, we have been very back and forth on it, but your review and pics are starting to make me think we have made the wrong decidion leaving it out!!

I've eaten here twice since I posted these pics. We had a wonderful experience both of those times too. I was sad to learn that our favorite server Iliana, is moving. Thankfully she has family in the area and is planning to become an occasional employee, so hopefully we will bump into her again!

The last time we ate there, the people behind us had a very bad dining experience. There was a communication problem between the people and the chef. They had food allergies. They also had broken English and the chef did not understand what they were trying to convey. They did not like their food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)   

Back to top Go down

Menu change at Coral Reef (pictures added!!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1