Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone notice when the marina is open?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Has anyone noticed some sort of schedule, or pattern to when the Marina is open? It was open on our first 2 trips to CSR (both in 2007) and was closed when we went in April/May of 09. I know it says seasonally open, but I need to prepare myself if it will be closed again. This is definitely one downfall to the resort, adn I really hope they decide to have it opened more often in the future. I suppose it is because of the fact that there are so many Conventioneers and not many of the suits and ties guys wanna go for a ride on the family bike things (can't think of what they are called). But I really wish we had the opportunity to take one around the resort!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:04 pm

I believe that it has closed for good but I'll try to find out more when I'm there in 12 days. I don't even think it opened at all last summer. Its really a shame.

accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:45 am

Buzz2001 wrote:
I believe that it has closed for good but I'll try to find out more when I'm there in 12 days. I don't even think it opened at all last summer. Its really a shame.
That's what I was afraid of :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vandy0419
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:30 am

Any updates on La Marina? I'll be there in 25 days and was really looking forward to taking my daughter out on one of the Water Mouses!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://idexpertohio.wordpress.com
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:50 am

welcome to the CSR Forum!

I would plan on visiting the Contemporary (or any other resort with a marina) to rent watercraft. I do not believe that CSR will reopen the marina, especially in this economy.

vandy0419
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 am

Thank you for the welcome! I can't believe I didn't find this site until last night. I'm a little disappointed that the marina is closed, but at least I'm aware of it ahead of time. Since the resort does focus a lot on convention-goers, I can see how the utilization would be a little low. I love the marina at the Contemporary. While growing up (probably never really "grown up") I always stayed at the Contemporary with my family and when I took my then girlfriend, now wife, for her first trip to Disney we stayed there and used the Water Mouse a lot.

With how much the price of the Contemporary has gone up, I am hoping to find the CSR as my new favorite resort.
Back to top Go down
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am

We stayed at the Cont in 2002 and there are so many other deluxes I would love to try but I cannot justify the cost of the rooms per night, even with codes and discounts. I'd rather use those same codes at CSR. When I hit the lottery, I'll try more of them.

vandy0419
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 am

When we went in December, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I wasn't extremely impressed and had issues with the transportation. We were waiting for Epcot's bus. The other ones for different parks came numerous times. Waited 35 minutes. Not sure if someone forgot a change in route? Either way, I didn't see the value to stay there again.
Back to top Go down
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:39 am

That can happen at any resort. But the one thing you can count on at CSR is that you will not share with another resort which is nice. When we stayed at FW, we shared with WL and at the Cont we shared with the GF and Poly. No thanks...

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 pm

vandy0419 wrote:
When we went in December, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. I wasn't extremely impressed and had issues with the transportation. We were waiting for Epcot's bus. The other ones for different parks came numerous times. Waited 35 minutes. Not sure if someone forgot a change in route? Either way, I didn't see the value to stay there again.

Buzz2001 wrote:
That can happen at any resort. But the one thing you can count on at CSR is that you will not share with another resort which is nice. When we stayed at FW, we shared with WL and at the Cont we shared with the GF and Poly. No thanks...

We had a bad experience with the MK bus in March while staying at CSR. After waiting 30 min for a bus to come, it totally bypassed us at stop 4 because it was completely filled!! We gave up waiting and took our car. Bumped into a family that was waiting with us for the bus. We had already done the Mickey meet and greet and were walking to The Plaza when we spotted them. I was too curious and just had to know when they arrived with the bus. I was told they had just then gone through the gates and were making there way on Main St. USA. It took them over an hour to get to the MK.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone notice when the marina is open?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone notice when the marina is open?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1