Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coastgirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 am

Does CSR (and other Disney resorts I guess) charge for local and toll free calls from the room phone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:56 am

Local Calls
Touch 9 + Area Code + number (free of charge)

Directory Assistance
Touch 9 + 411 ($0.85 charge to your room)

Long Distance Calls
Direct - Touch 8 + 1 + area code + number (cost of call at AT&T operator assisted day rate + 50% surcharge billed to room)

AT&T credit card/All other credit card/Third party/Collect/877, 888 and 800 numbers - Touch 8 + 0 + area code + number (free of charge)

Directory assistance - Touch 8 + 1 + area code + 555-1212 ($0.85 charge to your room)

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:03 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
coastgirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Thanks Buzz...so local calls are free but there's an 85 cent surcharge on toll free numbers...thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Calls from WDW rooms   Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 am

Never, Never, Never......unless it is an emergency.......make a long distance call from any room telephone. You will be paying full retail plus 100% percent surcharge on any call. Calling cards are incredibly cheap and can save you a fortune on long distance calls. We often get shocked guests coming to the Front Desk when they receive their room bill and there is nothing to be done after the fact. You never see full ATT retail on your home phones because those are negotiated rates. WDW does not have any negotiated rates and you will easily see $50-$100 on a phone call. The systems are not Disney, they are owned by outside companies.

Local calls are all free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loadsapixiedust
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

So just to be sure I have this clear, Disney will charge 85c for a call made from our room phone using a prepaid phone card, seems fair, this is our usual method of keeping in touch with the folks back home in the UK. Is there a way for messages to be left on our room phone if my folks needed to contact us in an emergency? Should I just give them the resort number and our room number when we have it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaskDisNut
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:43 pm

coastgirl wrote:
Thanks Buzz...so local calls are free but there's an 85 cent surcharge on toll free numbers...thanks!

I just wanted to update this since we were just there 2 weeks ago and I had a look at the phone card in the room. There is NO charge for calling toll free (800/866/877) numbers. So since pre-paid long distance cards use a toll free number to connect, there would be no charge to use one from the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:42 am

loadsapixiedust wrote:
So just to be sure I have this clear, Disney will charge 85c for a call made from our room phone using a prepaid phone card, seems fair, this is our usual method of keeping in touch with the folks back home in the UK. Is there a way for messages to be left on our room phone if my folks needed to contact us in an emergency? Should I just give them the resort number and our room number when we have it?

AFAIK, voicemail for your room is still free... it's a great service, if you remember to check it... I didn't and my parents were none to pleased when I didn't get their birthday message to me the last day I was there
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.photographybyantonia.com
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:59 pm

There is a $10 and a $20 phone card dispenser located next to the lobby ATM.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 am

UPDATE

Changes to in-room phone charges at WDW
Walt Disney World Resort guests no longer have to pay surcharge fees for local, toll free, collect, credit card and third party calls.

alex25
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 am

Buzz2001 wrote:
Local Calls
Touch 9 + Area Code + number (free of charge)

Directory Assistance
Touch 9 + 411 ($0.85 charge to your room)

Long Distance Calls
Direct - Touch 8 + 1 + area code + number (cost of call at AT&T operator assisted day rate + 50% surcharge billed to room)

AT&T credit card/All other credit card/Third party/Collect/877, 888 and 800 numbers - Touch 8 + 0 + area code + number (free of charge)

Directory assistance - Touch 8 + 1 + area code + 555-1212 ($0.85 charge to your room)

Thanks for providing each and every thing about calls that which is free and which is chargeable.Local calls are free of charge,directory assistance charge $0.85 that's OK.And the Long distance calls will accordingly to the cost of call and 50% surcharge bill to room that too necessary.All credit card/third party/collect/877,888 and numbers are free of charge.Really thankful to you providing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bellemaison.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?   

Back to top Go down

Phone calls from the room--is there a charge?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1