Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Monorail Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Monorail Update   Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:40 am

July 9 Update: The Monorail at Epcot will no longer run during evening Extra Magic Hours beginning July 11th. The Monorail will cease operation one hour after regular close, which is usually 10pm. The Monorail at Magic Kingdom will no longer run during evening Extra Magic Hours beginning August 1st. The Monorail will cease operation one hour after regular close. Disney will provide bus transportation to the resorts serviced by the Monorails instead.

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 am

That does not make me a happy camper! We usually drive to evening EMH. That changes plans for Aug and Sept's trips! Wonder if we can park at the TTC and take the monorail to the Poly and walk to our car?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 am

Looking like that won't be a possibility. Guess I'm going to re-think Aug and Sept EMH at MK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:29 am

Does the boat help because watercraft will be available to transport guests to their destination. Does the boat go to where you need to the TTC?

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:
Does the boat help because watercraft will be available to transport guests to their destination. Does the boat go to where you need to the TTC?

I sent an email off to Guest communications yesterday. I asked about the water craft and what the alternate way to the TTC would be in the event of a thunderstorm or high winds. Those are the conditions the water craft usually doesn't operate. I got the response that they are reviewing my questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KatMark
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm with you, Tink. Not sure what we'll do about the MK. We have EMH's on Sunday while there and the MNSSHP on Tuesday. We always drive to the parks, including MK. Not sure what we will do now. I have a feeling the line for the Ferry Boat is going to be ridiculously long and take forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

As I wrote in my trip report, we rode the monorail on Friday, 7/1, before heading home. It took 30 mins to make the loop back to the CR because of different delays along the way. I wonder if they are having issues with reliability like the article suggests. Or maybe late night, due to the tragic accident a few years ago, has lead to this earlier shutdown.

KatMark
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:
As I wrote in my trip report, we rode the monorail on Friday, 7/1, before heading home. It took 30 mins to make the loop back to the CR because of different delays along the way. I wonder if they are having issues with reliability like the article suggests. Or maybe late night, due to the tragic accident a few years ago, has lead to this earlier shutdown.

Buzz, we personally have avoided the monorail ALL together our last two trips. Every time we have been on it, we have been stuck for 10-15 mintues. The last time we took it to the Poly from the MK and then back to the MK, we waited over 20 minutes for a monorail to show up. I have become quite disgusted with it.

I'm thinking we will drive over both days and take a bus back to the CSR for our swim time and then take a bus back to the CSR. We'll then play it by ear of either cathing the ferry or the bus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Signs were up yesterday at the TTC, for Epcot's EMH

KatMark wrote:
I'm with you, Tink. Not sure what we'll do about the MK. We have EMH's on Sunday while there and the MNSSHP on Tuesday. We always drive to the parks, including MK. Not sure what we will do now. I have a feeling the line for the Ferry Boat is going to be ridiculously long and take forever.

I am going to hold off in panicking until I read some reports about how the lines looked. Yesterday that monorail line and the ferry line were amazingly LONG!! A CM told me that was because the monorail opened later yesterday causing the back up at both places. I find that hard to believe, but who knows? They had 3 ferries running. The line moved very quickly, in the hot sun, we were dripping with sweat, so I can imagine how it would be if it is raining or storming. Of course, in a storm, they don't run the ferry.

KatMark wrote:
Buzz2001 wrote:

There are constantly issues with the monorail. In March, most of the times we went to MK the monorail was shut down due to monorail not working and switching trains around.

Quote :
Buzz, we personally have avoided the monorail ALL together our last two trips. Every time we have been on it, we have been stuck for 10-15 mintues. The last time we took it to the Poly from the MK and then back to the MK, we waited over 20 minutes for a monorail to show up. I have become quite disgusted with it.

I'm thinking we will drive over both days and take a bus back to the CSR for our swim time and then take a bus back to the CSR. We'll then play it by ear of either cathing the ferry or the bus.

We usually take the ferry because the lines are shorter. But that won't be the case. It will be an inconvenience, but how much of one, I am not sure of yet. At least when we are there in Sept, crowd levels are only at 1's or 2's. Christmas will be the real first test!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks for posting the pics Michelle!

My BIL and his family went to WDW for X-mas/NYE. They were at MK on NYE and it took them 4 hours to get to the TTC after the fireworks. I warned him but he didn't listen.

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:
Thanks for posting the pics Michelle!

My BIL and his family went to WDW for X-mas/NYE. They were at MK on NYE and it took them 4 hours to get to the TTC after the fireworks. I warned him but he didn't listen.

You're welcome!

Wow, 4 hours!! The most it ever took us was 2 hours to the TTC from MK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Wow, there are going to be some pretty annoyed Monorail Resort Guests....they pay a premium to be on the Monorail, and now they won't be able to use it when they would most want it? Yikes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Possibly good news from WDW Daily News...

WDW Monorail Shutting Down 1 Hour After Regular Park Hours: By Gina Shirley

There has been quite the discussion about Walt Disney World shutting down the monorail one hour after park closing, even during Extra Magic Hours. At first it was just a rumor, but it appears it is true the monorail will not be available during EMH and guests will have to find other modes of transportation. They will provide buses to all the monorail resorts and of course the boat is available as well.

It is my understanding the monorails are in desperate need of maintenance which is the reason for the early shut down. I am also under the impression it is only a temporary shutdown. Many are outraged by this but I must admit, the last time I was at Disney World the monorail was down a couple of times so I am guessing after 30 years they are in need some TLC. I would much rather have a safe mode of transportation and get to enjoy the monorail for years to come, than complain or get upset over a temporary problem. Disney is not a silly uncaring corporation, they know guests stay at the three monorail resorts because of the convenience and they know they will have to get those guests back to their resort. My advice is to remember, it’s Disney, and they will take care of their guests! A little maintenance is required to continue operation and I will be patient while they do that! No one does it like Disney, but they do have to make things safe!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monorail Update   

Back to top Go down

Monorail Update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1