Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jasmine
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Let me just say that it is so nice having a CM from CSR to ask/answer all these questions!!! I was doing the dishes Mad ...and I realized that you might have some advice! Very Happy We are staying at CSR 9/18-9/25. The first night is an add on to my MYW pkg. We want to stay an extra night on the 25th, but it is booked except for the suites. I'm going to continue to search for an open date (plus, final payments are almost due, so this might open up a room from someone canceling!!!!) Do I have any other options? THANKS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:00 am

You'll have to keep trying to see if something opens up. That happened to me one year and we ended up staying offsite for the first night of our trip because there was nothing property wide other than suites at a deluxe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
jasmine
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:03 am

Thanks! I will keep trying. Do you think that this week is going to be crazy full with park guests? No I checked your convention list, and as of yet, there is not one listed. Will this lead to more bus issues?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 am

Remember my list is only made up of conventions that I could find searching the web. I'm sure there are more out there that I can not find. I would bet that there is a convention almost every day of the year at CSR. That is what they do.

I've been to CSR in February, April, May, June, October, and November and never experience bad transportation and only on a hand full of occasions where the buses full or standing room only. You'll have a great time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Extra night when CSR is booked   Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 am

There is no guarantee here, but..........

If you make a one night reservation at ANY moderate WDW resort for that first night, and checking with CSR you find that a room has opened up, we can transfer your reservation and deposits from the other resort to CSR and save you having to move. If you are able to reserve at another WDW resort and a room does not become available a CSR for that night, we have systems set up for transfering your luggage from the one resort to CSR while you are playing in the parks. You may have to come to CSR to check in on that second morning to get your KTTW cards with park passes. Check with the FSA (front desk supervisor) at the first resort and see if you can get access to the park passes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: busy busses at WDW   Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Walt Disney World is a very busy place; but it is also a very large place (As big as San Francisco and twice as large as Manhatten), so the crowds get spread out. This said, there MAY be times when a bus is so full that they cannot take any more passengers and have to drive past a stop. Busses run on loops to each individual park from each individual resort. The timing is set so that, aside from unforseen issues, a bus for each destination will be at each bus stop every 20-25 minutes. It is very rare (but when it happens we really hear about it) that a bus is delayed 30-45 minutes. We try; but we all have those moments.

Because of this, always allow lots of time to get to where you need to be. This is a vacation, not a series of crisis. "Go with the flow", you are here to have fun, don't let unimportant things get in the way.........and at WDW, the only Important thing is for you to enjoy yourself.

If something comes up, let the front desk of the resort know.....not the telephone operator......the Front Desk or the Bell Services Manager. If there is a way for us to help smooth the bumps, we will!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Conventions at CSR   Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:19 pm

There is always a convention at CSR. It may be a huge convention, some book almost the whole resort, or several small meetings. That is one reason that the resort seems divided by sedate rooms near El Centro and Family rooms with better pool and bus access further away.

I cannot put anything on to this board that is not "released" by Walt Disney World. So, I cannot bring a list of future conventions that have not been officially published. I cannot report on "inside information' released only to Cast Members.

However, Buzz, Dis, Jennifer & Dave, etc. usually know more and sooner of all things Disney than I do. I watch the boards to learn.......just like you.

I can tell you about the services that are available at WDW, guide you in planning your vacation with little tips (before we moved here we vacationed here 30 times), and hopefully let you know how much we enjoy serving you.

So come on down! Ask your question! If I can help, I will! and if I don't get to the boards for a while and there is something that needs my answer.....Buzz2001 will get in touch with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coastgirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 pm

jasmine wrote:
Thanks! I will keep trying. Do you think that this week is going to be crazy full with park guests? No I checked your convention list, and as of yet, there is not one listed. Will this lead to more bus issues?

We are there the exact same time and also looking for that extra night. Flip you for it. Wink Good luck to both of us...I too have been wondering why the resort is so tight that weekend...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jasmine
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

I gave up on the extra room and changed my flight to Friday night. :( I couldn't handle the stress of moving to another hotel with two small kids! See ya soon!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coastgirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. We can't change our flights, so I've got the last night booked at Pop...at least Disney will move the luggage if need be!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: extra night   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:54 pm

When you check in, always ask for your extra night to be changed to CSR. Quite often, there is a change in another reservations and a room is available. If we can extend you at CSR, we will. It is much easier to make the change if you have reserved the other night at a moderate resort; but we can still adjust from an All Stars reservation.

You will stand a 90% chance of continuuing at CSR, so do not give up. When we extend a guest at our front desk, we extend at the same price that the guest had paid for previous nights, so we don't jack up the rates. If I am on stage, ask for me!

We always have new CMs that are here for college work study etc, and may be shy about painting outside the lines. When I finally returned to work this week, I didn't recognize a fourth of the cms on the counter ( it felt strange that they did not know who I was, too) Old farts like me aren't afraid to ask and generally know who to ask.

That is why I keep repeating to find a CM who has a brass pin near the top of their Disney badge. Those are cast members who have been recognized for seniority or other accomplishments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coastgirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks for the advice and encouragement John! I hope for your sake you're NOT there when we check it...it'll be awfully late, when sane people should be in bed! Sleep Hope we get a chance to say hi at a better hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????   

Back to top Go down

I need an extra night....Frodesen, any advice????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1