Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

I'm not thrilled with this. I loved being able to get Biscuits and gravy for breakfast using a snack credit when on the DDP and only having to pay $4 when not on it. I dont eat enough at breakfast to spend $15 or waste a CS credit :( Unforunately for me, Cafe Rix does not serve Biscuits and Gravy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minnie-mouse
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 am

If you do get the new buffet, can you take it to go? and eat outside instead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I do not believe that any WDW buffet offers a "to go" option so I assume it's the same for the Pepper Market during breakfast and lunch. Cafe Rix will assume those "to go" orders. "To go" is still available for dinner.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:35 pm

To date, it sounds like the testing has been successful and looks like the buffet is here to stay.

tspnmb
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:48 pm

The buffet does sound like a great deal and we are look forward to trying it next month.
I will say though that I will miss our breakfast routine..
For the 3 of us Wife/ 4yr old Son. A Bounty Platter at all of the other CS resort locations is the perfect size breakfast for us to share. 1 quick service credit.. Smile With the buffet and no "to go" we will have to use Cafe Rix or plan something else.
I always pick it up (breakfast) and take it back to the room for a quick breakfast before we head to the parks. Looks like I would have to use 2 credits for breakfast or pay out of pocket at Cafe Rix for the 3 of us..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
holly290
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: 2012 Dining Plan has been posted and all Coronado resorts are included   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Pepper Market B,L,D included and Maya Grill. Although for Maya it says Breakfast included, which I am confused about.

So relieved about this, as we are going to Coronado on the 30th to the 6th of Jan and got the dining plan! Excited to try the buffet!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:41 pm

welcome to the CSR Forum Holly!

Maya Grill no longer has breakfast now that the PM went to a buffet. Maya Grill is now dinner only and a new menu will be released for the Maya Grill at the end of the year or beginning of next year.

pob14
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:12 pm

So has there been any, pardon the expression, buzz about what's going to happen after January 4? We'll be staying at Coronado starting on the 8th, and if this is still going on (and particularly if it still counts as QS) I fully intend to tear them a new one enjoy Pepper Market to the fullest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Word is it has been received well so I look for it to continue past the 1/4/2012.

a*lil*bit*goofy
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:44 am

we arrive on Feb 2nd, will be interesting to see if it keeps continuing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 am

As of 1/9/2012, the breakfast/lunch buffet is still being served at the Pepper Market.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Touringplans Blog reviewed the new setup at the Pepper Market

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Michelle (lovethattink) is having lunch at the PM right now and states that her server claims the PM will be a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner within a few weeks. Not sure if the server has reliable info but I thought it was worth noting. I think the PM management is happy with the buffet and that it will become permanent. Michelle also stated that all stations are now self serve, except the ice cream and cake.

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
Elenabell
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Sure hope the server is right. We're heading there in just five weeks. We'd really love for it to be a buffet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haligonian
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:55 pm

I notice the price for children at the buffet says "children under 9". Is this 9 and under, or those who have not yet turned 9?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Haligonian wrote:
I notice the price for children at the buffet says "children under 9". Is this 9 and under, or those who have not yet turned 9?
I believe it states ages 3-9 is $8.99.

Breakfast Buffet· Adult - $14.99·Child – $8.99 (Ages 3 to 9).
Lunch Buffet· Adult Buffet $16.99·Child - $9.99 (Ages 3 to 9).

welcome to the CSR Forum!

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Now I'm confused. Check out this article from the Disney Parks Blog. The sign reads under 9 years, but the article reads 3-11. Let me look into it further. I guess I'd go by the sign which reads" under 9 years meaning 3-8 years of age.

Disney Parks Blog

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:36 pm

The first question the server asks is if you are on the dining plan. Since there is no dining plan for under 3, I'd assume there is no charge for anyone under 3. Each time they asked my son how old he is. So however they do the adult vs child with a 9 year old on the dining plan, that's how they'd handle it at the buffet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

The official word is...

Breakfast buffet: Ages 3-9 at a price of $8.99. Lunch buffet: Ages 3-9 at a price of $9.99. Ages 2 and under eat free for both buffets.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:45 am

HauntedGabe
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Well after being there last week I can't say that I saw the Market being overly well received. You could tell the difference between the conference guests and the vacationing. Every time I passed the buffet it was around 70% empty. I don't have any experience with Pepper prior to the buffet however, I really did prefer the food court at POR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:04 am

I haven't tried the buffet yet but we mostly likely will do the dinner more than the buffet at the resort. I love the PM the way it used to be prior to the implementation of the DDP. I still believe that the DDP killed all the good restaurants because they had to create dinners to fit into the plan. But we stayed at POR in November and the food court felt more cafeteria style with typical burgers, sandwiches and salads. The PM has better choices (at dinner) in my opinion. But I'll now for sure in 24 days.

HauntedGabe
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I would agree with the quality of PM over POR at dinner. I think the buffet works well for the convention guests.
I believe the food court of POR works better for Guests vacationing especially for breakfast and returning from the parks at night.

I'm not a big eater at breakfast, I just need a bagel or a muffin which would work, if Rix wasn't packed and you had somewhere to go eat besides outside or in the dark bar. The actual set up of POR food court is actually family friendly, the beverages are easily accessible and they have a CM watching out for beverages that are running out. At PM during the morning I don't need someone to fill my refill mug, or seat me really. I was trying to wrap my brain around tipping at the quick service.

Thinking if they are going to keep the two buffet meals they are going to have to make some drastic changes to the Rix and take over a chunk of the front of the store.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Michelle (lovethattink) was lucky enough to stop in at CSR for lunch at the Pepper Market today. She discovered that the ice cream is now self serve and also found new churros...they are round! Thanks for the update Michelle!!

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   Mon May 07, 2012 8:55 pm

When I saw my husband come back with that plate my first thought was where did he find onion rings and why is he eating them with icecream?! I was disappointed it was soft serve instead of hand dipped icecream. It does streamline the desserts better though.

Let me tell you, I highly recommend eating lunch at opening. The food was so much fresher!! I tried the chicken enchilada for the first time. Wow!! It was amazing!! We call the churros "my" churros since I had pleaded they be added to the menu. "My" churros were amazing. They were fresh, not sitting around long. They were absolutely perfect. By far this time rates our best lunch time experience at PM!!! 11:30am will be the time we eat lunch there from here on.

Buzz2001 wrote:
Michelle (lovethattink) was lucky enough to stop in at CSR for lunch at the Pepper Market today. She discovered that the ice cream is now self serve and also found new churros...they are round! Thanks for the update Michelle!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)   

Back to top Go down

PEPPER MARKET BUFFET (UPDATED 5/12, pg 3)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next