Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2012 Disney Dining Plan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: 2012 Disney Dining Plan    Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:41 am

From the WDW Fan Zone...

Over the years I have seen many changes to the Disney Dining Plan. When the basic dining plan was introduced the sit down meal included a non-alcoholic beverage, an appetizer, dessert, an entrée, and the gratuities (18%) were also included. Now the gratuities are an out of pocket cost and the appetizer is no longer included with your sit down meal. So, for 2012 the basic Disney Dining Plan will increase by $5.55 bringing the total cost per day to $51.54 per adult during regular season and $53.54 during peak season.

With the latest increases in pricing is the Disney Dining Plan still worth it? I’ll use the basic dining plan to illustrate whether or not it is still a worthwhile value. Let’s say you have lunch at Columbia Harbor House, for a chicken nugget meal ($8.19), soda ($2.50), and the apple crisp dessert ($3.59) the approximate cost is $14. If you were to eat dinner at the Coral Reef and your entrée selection is Mahi Mahi it is going to cost you $24.99. So far your approximate dining plan cost for the day is $39 and you still have the cost of your daily snack to figure into the pricing. If your snack is a Dole Whip Float it will run you about $4.49 so let’s add $5 to our daily meal costs which brings us up to $44. The resort refillable mugs cost $14.49 plus tax, so let’s say $15 divided by a seven night stay comes out to a cost of $2.14 per day. If you add $2 to the total it brings you to $46 spent for the day and not such a good value. However, if you chose to eat dinner at the Crystal palace buffet the cost is $43.66 per adult. Then, your dining plan cost for the day would be approximately $64 and a good value assuming you can consume your moneys worth in food.

Depending on what and where you eat you can still get value out of the dining plans but not as much as prior years. Now more than ever you really have to concentrate on the total per day plan cost vs. the actual cost of the meals at each restaurant to see if it is still a worthwhile value for you and your traveling party. Also, I don’t think some people realize or consider just how much food you get on the dining plan. I know so many people who have used the dining plan that have said they find themselves with all these unused snack credits on the last day of their vacation. So, you have to figure in the costs of the snacks as well when determining if the dining plan is right for you.

There is a lot of research involved in deciding if the dining plan is right for you but, there are a couple of sites that can make things easier for you. The Disney Food Blog and All Ears have tons of information on the Disney Dining Plans that will help assist you in making the right decision for you and your traveling party.

Something else to consider is that for the last several years Disney has been offering free dining to their guests at certain times of the year.

The dining plan was once a good value for your money but I now no longer think it is. The only value I see in the current dining plan is convenience.

Below are the different 2012 Disney Dining Plans and the pricing:

2012 Disney Dining Plan Packages (per person, per night)

Quick Service Dining Plan:

2 Quick Service Meals with dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage per day

1 Snack per day

1 Refillable Resort Drinking Mug

Basic Dining Plan:

1 Sit Down table service or buffet meal (1 entrée, 1 dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage per person) per day

1 Quick Service Meal with dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage

1 Snack per day

Deluxe Dining Plan:

3 Sit Down table service or buffet meals* (1 entrée, 1 appetizer [lunch & dinner only], 1 dessert [lunch & dinner only], and a non-alcoholic beverage per person) per day

1 Snack per day

*You may substitute a sit down meal for a quick service meal

2012 Disney World Dining Plan Pricing:

Quick Service Dining Plan

Adults: $34.99

Children: $11.99

Basic Dining Plan

Adults: $51.54 Regular Season & $53.54 Peak Season

Children: $15.02 Regular Season & $16.02 Peak Season

Deluxe Dining Plan

Adults: $85.52 Regular Season & $89.52 Peak Season

Children: $23.79 Regular Season & $25.79 Peak Season

Disney’s Peak Season Dates:

2/16/12 – 2/25/12

3/09/12 – 4/14/12

6/1/12 – 8/4/12

12/21/12 – 12/31/12

Pricing for adults is based on ages 10 and over

Pricing for children is based on ages 3 – 9

Docmidnite
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Disney Dining Plan    Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey Buzz...They eliminated a snack per day from the QSD plan? Was 2 per day. Thats a bummer if its true. I'd rather have the snack then the mug as I already have a closet full of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://BirdsofPreyonline.com

2012 Disney Dining Plan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1