Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WDW Resort Personal Diary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Pictures to follow...

When we checked into POFQ on Friday, we were given a Personal Diary to keep track of what you do and how much you spend doing it, how many shops you visit in a day, and even how many fast passes you used in a day. This "Diary Study" is for WDW Research, and gets mailed back to them after the trip in a self-addressed postage paid envelope. The diaries are yellow for Non-Dine plans and orange for Dine-plans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 am

Homework on vacation?

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:
Homework on vacation?

Yes, but we enjoyed doing this. We never keep track of our spending on vacation. This made us aware of what we were spending. I'm sure we spent less than we normally would.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:13 pm

WDW won't like that. Welcome back by the way! How was POFQ?

minnie-mouse
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:00 pm

The Diary looks like fun! I would do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:
WDW won't like that. Welcome back by the way! How was POFQ?

I'd love to say that POFQ was every bit as great as CSR, but I can't. We had problems at the resort from check-in through Sunday night.

Even though I saw the special request from disabilities on the reservation when I did online check in, it was not visible to the CM checking us in. So that took some time and a long phone call to get us a 1st floor room. On the plus side, the room was ready. On the downside, the CM forgot to cut the new room keys, so the keys she gave us didn't work.

Standing outside our room, I called the resort operator to see if we were at the right room. Thought maybe the wrong room number was written down. But it was the right room. The cm at the front desk said she'd send a runner with new keys for us.

10 minutes later, a runner arrives without keys and a maintanance guy arrives to fix the door. Runner opens the door and uses the phone to see if we actually belong in this room. He determines this is our room. Tells Anakin he can keep the keys as souvenirs and lets us in as he goes and runs for new keys.

We told the maintanance guy what happened. He still checks the door anyway. Tells us the door works fine, it's our keys. Which we knew.

Runner comes back, gives us new keys. Asks for old keys back. Anakin was ready to cry at having to give back his souvenirs. Runner says he can keep them and tells us to make sure we only use the new keys.

All in all, this took close to an hour to resolve. Missed going fishing at the Marina because it was too late. Last fishing rod rented at 1:30pm. So we decided to go swimming.

The pool was freezing!!!! We couldn't swim comfortably.

We came back to the room on Saturday and there was a crib in the room. We didn't order a crib. I called to have it removed, but Anakin who has ASD was freaking that someone he didn't know would come in the room. So we arranged to leave it outside and they'd pick it up there.

Sunday we had a carriage ride reservation for 5:30pm. The cm at Tour Reservations said that the carriage ride would still happen even if it was cold or rainy and would leave from the marina, to be there 15 minutes in advance. At 5:45 there was no carriage at the Marina. I went into concierge and they called about it. We were told they left a message with our son at 5:18 that they changed the time to 6pm. At 6:05 there was still no carriag at the marina. I went back to concierge and they called again. They were told it would be another 10 minutes til the carriage arrived, and that since it was raining it would be a shortened ride to 15 minutes around the parking lot since it was raining lightly. And that pick up would be out in front of the resort instead of at the Marina.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WDW Resort Personal Diary   

Back to top Go down

WDW Resort Personal Diary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1