Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coastgirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:36 am

We just got back from a week at Coronado. Lovely week, but I'm :( to be sitting here listening to the rain and looking out at the cold, grey sky!

Anyway, we ate at PM several times, mostly breakfast but at least twice for dinner (or was it lunch...hard to distinguish on vacation!)

The food quality and quantity I thought was superior. Especially when you compare it to, say, CS in the theme parks (Epcot excepted). Our family includes a 6 yo, 9 yo and two adults, and we never used 4 credits once, and actually were well-fed on two if we chose wisely. Favourites included the breakfast burrito, which had a salsa that had a ton of flavour. (I expected typical red stuff, mild Old El Paso or something, but this was flavourful and perhaps even fresh??) And it was huge. My kids enjoyed sharing the fresh waffle, one adult serving definitely enough for 2 kids. The "waffle ladies" were some of the nicest we met. We spent our last night at Pop, and also went to POFQ for breakfast one morning and had a good price point comparison...the "platters" are pretty much the same everywhere, and are cheaper at the other places, but the fresh stuff like the waffles and burrito I thought were much nicer. We also had steak and rotisserie chicken one day, and that was good, especially the steak, though it took longer. I had the pulled pork one night and was disappointed in the lack of flavour, but the black beans on the side were a nice touch.

My real problem with the PM was the set-up. It was very confusing. I was prepared, and I was still confused. Not everything available is on the signs. And in the morning, they never seemed to use the "order" space at the individual stations, so people (me included) were queuing up where it said "order", then having to move to a different place to order and wait again. The made-to-order aspect can really slow you down, as I found it hard to queue/wait at more than one station. Easy enough if everyone is taking care of themselves, but pretty unwieldy if you are ordering for your party, or trying to feed your kids. One night I went in without dh, and really hated shuttling between the stations and the table to keep an eye on the kids. If they were toddlers or preschoolers, I wouldn't have been able to leave them at all, and would've been dragging them around the cooking stations for 10-15 minutes. As it turned out, my food was ready well before their pizzas, and I ended up eating cold food (which I really really hate!). In the morning especially, I saw lots of frustrated, confused guests. Sure, you can get the hang of it, but for the casual guest who may want 2 or 3 meals there over the length of stay, it's too much work. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, which is also a CS/TS hybrid, and there it worked much better. You got what was available from the line as you went (beverages and some packaged things, like brownies) and then a server brought your food to your table when it was ready. They could manage the freshness of the made to order stuff, and guests got their own beverage refills...which was fine.

I had a lovely chat with a fellow who drove us from CSR to Pop on our last day (not sure if he's bell services...not exactly). Anyway, he said that he has heard there will be even more changes to PM b/c it's just not working very well. I've read lots of complaints about the PM elsewhere, and I think a lot of it is unfair...as I said, the food and value are good, though the choices seem a little limited as the week wears on. I think many people are confused by the service model, and that overshadows the rest of their experience. But I really don't understand how that service model adds anything. I hope they can save the good stuff, and make it more efficient and straightforward.

Oh, great tip I got from another guest--for DDP people, if you like oatmeal, get a serving to go, it counts as a snack credit. And the to go container is quite generous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.   Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:43 am

I agree, something needs to be done and I believe it is just a matter of time before it happens. The company that operates the PM operates many other good locations so hopefully they will get this straighten out soon. I still believe the demise of the original PM was/is caused by the DDP.

But I also agree with you that the food is very good. That's one thing I've never had any issues with.

CSRFan
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.   Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks for your review. I understand your frustration at the PM. I felt the same last time. I got the kids food, my husband got his and I went back for my food and they were almost done with their meal.

I wish you could place your entire order and when it is complete your name or number is called or the server brings it to you.

In fairness, we had the same issue at the Pop. Everyone wanted something from a different station and then we waited on line to pay. At least with the PM you avoid waiting on line to pay while your food is getting cold. Cosmic Rays at MK is another annoying to eat at if your party wants different items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loadsapixiedust
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.   Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Thank you for the review. It's good to hear that the food is still nice. I'm a little worried about how the PM will work for us but we will soon find out. This time tomorrow we will be there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.   

Back to top Go down

Wanted to post my thoughts on PM.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1