Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:19 am

When Disney’s Art of Animation Resort opens this summer, resort guests will be one of the first to experience Walt Disney World’s NextGen project — the room key. Instead of the traditional card keys, guests at Art of Animation will access their room via RFID.

It is thought that the RFID will be inside a patented, resizable and customizable (probably for a fee) wristband known as the MagicBand. It won’t just be your room key, it will also be your ticket, if you remember, a test has been carried out using the RFID for admission at Epcot. It will have the details of your dining plan, you will charge items to your room, anywhere you would normally use your key card the Band will be used instead.

What concerns me about this is that Disney will know everything about you, where you are, what you eat and drink, what you like to buy, whether you are at a ride or with characters. Disney can place their readers anywhere it wants to within the Walt Disney World Resort, so your every movement could be tracked.

What do you think about Disney’s plans, do you think it will be a good thing or is it just simply a case of Big Brother is watching you!

HauntedGabe
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID   Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm not a fan of being tracked. I don't have anything to hide but it crepity that Disney can build a Guest Profile over years. If your dining plan is also on this wristband will the wait staff have to come and scan your wrist or wrist scan you in before you are seated?

Though if I am late for my ADR because I'm on a broken down monorail, Disney will likely know it wasn't my fault cause they know my exact movements. Oy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID   Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:29 am

Is it really that different from the tracking they do now? Our APs and room keys give them quite a bit of information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID   Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 am

But these will be able to track your every move around the park...stores your enter, purchases, restaurants, carts, everything.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID   

Back to top Go down

Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort to use RFID
Page 1 of 1