Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Finally Doing my Trip Report!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phillymommy
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Finally Doing my Trip Report!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Back from our trip March 10th and finally getting my trip report done. Its cut and pasted from my family blog and you can see pics on there was well. www.totsites.com/tot/babyhuff

We stayed at Carribean Beach this time. Compared to CS the rooms seem much smaller. Although technically I think they have more Sq footage. The setting was definately relaxing and I liked their Childrens pool better. Otherwise I really missed Cafe Rix and Pepper Market. I hated the food court experience. Also they have a check in building and the food/shopping is in a seperate building. Made check in/out a little more of a hassle. We did a preferred room so we were close to the food court. I also felt like the CS buses were better staged then at CB. Felt like we waited longer both at the hotel and at the parks. Makes no sense, but that was definatley the case. OK, here is my trip report and check out our site for pics:

party We decided to take advantage of a great deal and timing and go to Disney World for a week. Here is a journal of our trip:

Sunday: We left Philly for Orlando. Thanks to headwinds and other delays we didn't get into our room right away. When we did we were pleasantly surprised to find we had 2 connecting rooms. Still not sure why, but was great for the boys to have their own room. We stayed at Carribbean Beach which is beach themed and we stayed in the Trinidad Section. After leaving our things we headed over to Epcot for our dinner reservation at the Living Seas. One of our favortie places its a restaurant facing the aquarium in the building. For the first time ever we were seated right in front of the aquarium. So enjoyed a great meal and even better view! At this point Caden swore off baby food and ate off of our plates. He really wanted dessert most of all! After dinner Andrew started trading pins again and scored a rare Star Wars Chewbacca Vinylmation pin. Exhausted we returned to our room for a great nights sleep.

Monday-Animal Kingdom for Breakfast! We had breakfast at the Tusker House Safari Breakfast with Donald Duck. Here we got to meet Donald, Goofy, Daisy and of course Donald. This was also Caden's first look at the characters. He was scared out of his mind. I thought he was having a siezure he shook so bad! By the end of breakfast he consented to look at Mickey Mouse from afar. After breakfast we got our fast passes for the Safari and while waiting we walked through the Jungle Trek to see Gorillas, Hippos, Meerkats and some amazing birds. We also met up with my friend Michelle and her daughter Sofia. They live in West Palm Beach but this was Sofia's first trip to WDW. Michelle and I have known each other since about 6th grade! We all went on the safari ride in which Caden promptly fell asleep. He didn't wake up at all! Andrew used his new binoculars to get a good look at all the animals. They weren't really needed as the animals were really close! Giraffes (my favorite) walked right on by the truck. After the safari we finally caught a glimpse of the woman covered in leaves on stilts. I've seen pics but never in person. Amazing how she blended in the landscape! At this point Caden and Scott headed back to the hotel to rest. Leaving Andrew and I to finish exploring the park. Its been a long time since its just been me and my buddy on our own! We shared my favorite quick service-Yak and Yeti honey chicken. We went to DinoLand where he went into the park and ran wild. Up the nets, down the slides...even dug up some dino bones. We then got in a short line for Pluto and Goofy. While in line Andrew spots the coaster in Dinoland. It looks harmless so while I am not a coaster fan I promised I would do with him after letting our food settle and got our pics with Pluto and Goofy. Well, after multiple promises he wasn't tall enough to go on! It looked pretty harmless but guess it wasn't. You had to be 48" to ride. He was so disappointed. I hate for my boy to be disappointed in Disney so blew a ton on all the carnival games (where he didn't win a thing) and then he spots Everest. "Mom, how about that roller coaster, where all the kids are screaming?" I know for a fact he can get on that ride but really hope I can talk him out of it. My son is usually a chicken. We head over and of course he walks right up and sees the height board and then drags me on this ride. All I can say is that while it was fun, my stomach was in my mouth the whole time. Plus there isn't really a Yeti in the end, just a hologram. Heard its broken but still there. At the end of the ride we are a few yards from the exit when our cart stops. Turns out the ride broke down and they had to get all the people out of the top of the mountain. So VERY grateful we made it to the bottom. Actually bought the picture of us screaming our heads off on the ride since Scott would never believe us! We left AK and met Scott and Caden at Epcot for dinner in Norway. We had quick service sandwiches and walked around for a bit. Another great day!

Tuesday: Off to the Magic Kingdom! First stop...haircuts for the boys. Caden's first and he did so good. They covered him in stickers and he actually sat still for most of it. Got an adorable cut, Mickey ears and a certificate. Andrew got his cut but he is an old pro at the Disney haircut by now. Asked for his sprinkles in a bag, not his hair. Next stop, Tomorrowland Speedway. Andrew's favorite. Caden and I watched from afar while Scott and Andrew took off in their car. This time Andrew could "drive" and was SO proud of himself. Got a little drivers liscence at the end. For the first time we did Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and it was hilarious! We met up with Michelle and Sofia for a ride (Michelle doesn't ride so she Caden-watched and we took Sofia) on Buzz Lightyear. After defeating the Evil Zurg it was time for lunch. We at in Tomorrowland Terrace and the food was pretty good. The kids menu has really improved but good thing they still have the chocolate cake with Mickey sprinkles! After lunch off to Carpets of Aladdin ride and Its a Small World. Andrew has refused to do Its a Small World the last two trips. We think he had it confused with another ride because its not scary in the least. Finally he was all about the ride this year. Sofia wanted to meet Princess Tianna so we all waited. The Prince was definately a little wierd but one little girl was very happy to meet them. Probably the first and last time I will be in line for a Princess with 2 boys. Dinner was at Crystal Palace which is a must for this family. Michelle and Sofia joined us to meet Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. Of course I had all the kids by myself while Scott and Michelle went to get them food...and all the characters came out of nowhere. Caden was freaking out but I managed a few pics. Since we were celebrating the boys birthdays they brought out little cupcakes with candles for them. No amount of coaxing could get Andrew to stay for the fireworks. We watched a bit of the LED light display on the castle and headed out. The boy who rode Everest is afraid of fireworks. We did get a peek as we waited for the bus though:)

Wednesday: The day Andrew has been waiting for-Hollywood Studios. We got there early to sign him up for Jedi Training in the Star Wars section. Apparently not early enough. We were there before they opened but took a long time to get through the security and ticket sections. So arrived at Jedi Training 20 minutes after the park opened. Only slots were at 7:10 and 8 pm. Yikes! This was all the boy wanted to do. Our intention was to spend half a day at HS and then go to Downtown Disney for an early dinner reservation. So we took the 7:10 slot and turned our attention to the Star Tours Ride. Both Scott and I rode with Andrew a few times and it was pretty cool. Different experience every time and for a Star Wars nut like Andrew...pure joy. We did coax him away to do Playhouse Disney with his brother. This was one of the sweetest moments of our vacation. Caden sat on Andrew's lap while Andrew explained it all to him. I just sat and watch my boys and was super happy we took this trip! We explored some more and saw Mater & McQueen. For the first time Andrew got next to them to take a picture. Again, scared of them last few trips! There was a guy in line who was upset they weren't giving autographs. Hmmmmm....wonder why? Could it be difficult to sign your name with a TIRE! Lunch at Pizza Planet (from Toy story) and then off to Honey I Shrunk the kids playground. Again a favorite of Andrew's. It is pretty cool. At this point we headed over to Downtown Disney for some shopping before dinner. We had a mandatory stop at the Lego Store where Scott and Andrew filled buckets with random pieces. Plus some Star Wars Legos to take home. We also stopped at the Hasbro toy store and got some pieces for Mr. Potato Head. We could turn him into Darth Vader or put Mickey Ears on him. Pieces you can't get anywhere else. Dinner was at T-Rex which is done by the same people as Rainforest Cafe. Really, Really great atmosphere and food was good too. They boys loved looking at all the Dinos and the decor was fabulous. Since we were worried about being on time for our Jedi training we took a cab back to Hollywood Studios. Andrew and Scott went through an orientation and Andrew knew all the answers but was afraid to speak up. A lot of the kids were older. He did answer one that no one else knew...How did Han Solo get the Millenium Falcon from Lando? Don't know, ask Andrew:) Then they donned their Paduwan robes and headed to the stage. Andrew almost chickened out and Scott had to talk him back into it. They do a little training with a Jedi Master and some light sabers. Then out comes the Storm Troopers and Darth Vader. He wants them to turn to the Dark Side and one by one they practice their new moves on him. Andrew did awesome and of course told Darth Vader where to go. After Darth Vader escapes the Paduwans got their certificates and our little Jedi was so excited. Probably the best day of his life!

Thurday: Epcot for the day! Met up with David, Jen, Dominick and Olivia. Funny how we both planned our trip for the same time. A lot of firsts for us. First time we took the ride inside the Epcot globe. After lunch at Le Cellier we caught up with David and family again. Walking around the World we saw the drawbridge go up and the props for the Illuminations go through on boats. Did the requisite Three Caballeros Ride in Mexico and then then David, Scott and the boys did Test Track. Just the thought makes me quesey. We then did Living with the Lands Tour and Nemo and the Living Seas. As always Turtle Talk with Crush was fun for the kids (and the adults). I love watching the cousins together, they are such best buds despite the fact they only see each other a few times a year. Earlier we had gotten fast passes for Soarin' for David, Jen, Dominick and Andrew. I've never done it but Andrew was thrilled afterward! Dinner at the Seasons Food Court with everyone and then back for a good nights sleep!

Friday: We woke up and decided to spend part ofthe day at the hotel. We had yet to use the pools or enjoy the beach. First we sat on the beach and let Andrew and Caden play in the sand. The weather was perfect. Afterwards we headed to the Children's pool. The pictures will give you an idea of our morning. Andrew was up and down on the slides and in the water until lunchtime. Caden and I were enjoying the water until this big bucket rained down on us! Scott and Caden went for a nap so Andrew could keep playing. Afer lunch at the hotel we headed off to Magic Kingdom for a bit. Back to the Speedway, this time with Mom. I have to say I was a bit nervous as my 5 year old drove me around! We also did Buzz Lightyear again but this time took Caden with us. He loved using the controls to spin the cart around. Per Andrew's request we also went on Its a Small World again. After all that fun it was time to board the monorail. We headed to the Polynesian resort for dinner at Ohana's. A first time for us. LOVED IT! Meat grilled over wood flames and served at the table. Also noodles, broccoli, wings and dumplings. We stuffed ourselves and all had an amazing meal. Topped off by bread pudding. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH We decided to walk to the Transportation Center and stopped at the beach to watch the fireworks across the lake in Magic Kingdom. Since we knew the buses back to the hotel would be crazy and it was our last night we headed back to Magic Kingdom. I wanted to do Splash Mountain with Andrew. I missed out last year being pregnant and its one of my favorite rides. We also got to see the Electrical Parade which was amazing and really retro. One last time on Buzz Lightyear and then back to the hotel.

Saturday: Last Day:( Packed up and took care of our luggage and boarding passes with the hotel. Had a few hours so headed over to Animal Kingdom. Our hope was to ride the safari one last time. Wouldn't you know it was closed for technical problems! We were so disappointed as it is a tradition. But walked through the Jungle Trek again and got our picture taken in front of the Tree of Life. Back to the hotel for our bus to the airport and home to Philly. It was a great trip and we always say we are going to wait a few years between trips. But I am ready to go back again:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Finally Doing my Trip Report!   Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Welcome back! My turn is coming fast. I can't wait!!

ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally Doing my Trip Report!   Tue May 01, 2012 7:17 pm

So glad you had a great trip!! Isn't the Jedi training a blast? I am kind of sad that we are skipping WDW this year, but I am excited for our cruise. And I keep thinking about all the new stuff that will be open when we head back next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phillymommy
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Finally Doing my Trip Report!   Wed May 02, 2012 12:42 am

ajsmommy1129 wrote:
So glad you had a great trip!! Isn't the Jedi training a blast? I am kind of sad that we are skipping WDW this year, but I am excited for our cruise. And I keep thinking about all the new stuff that will be open when we head back next year!
I have a friend that just went on the cruise and said it was amazing. So will look forward to your pics!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Finally Doing my Trip Report!   Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 am

We loved our cruise. My only wish was more time at Castaway Cay.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Doing my Trip Report!   

Back to top Go down

Finally Doing my Trip Report!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1