Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Special diets and the Pepper Market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
msmith
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Special diets and the Pepper Market   Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Upfront: I have Ceilac disease, so dining is always an issue. So much so that I almost never eat away from home.

One reason we chose to go to Disney World was because we had heard that the Disney dining establishments have been do amazingly accommodating to people who have food allergies/intolerances - not just folks with Celiac. However, when I inquired with Special Diets@Disney, they explained that when making ADRs, declare your situation and the hostess and/or chef will work with you. Fantastic.

But, that's for Table Service. Quick Service seems to be a bit more dicey. Has anyone here visited CSR, who needs to eat a gluten free diet, and was able to safely eat at the Pepper Market? Was the staff knowledgeable enough to work with you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Special diets and the Pepper Market   Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 pm

I have heard from others that the chefs at the PM have/will worked with guests when it comes to special dietary needs.

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Special diets and the Pepper Market   Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:57 pm

msmith wrote:
Upfront: I have Ceilac disease, so dining is always an issue. So much so that I almost never eat away from home.

One reason we chose to go to Disney World was because we had heard that the Disney dining establishments have been do amazingly accommodating to people who have food allergies/intolerances - not just folks with Celiac. However, when I inquired with Special Diets@Disney, they explained that when making ADRs, declare your situation and the hostess and/or chef will work with you. Fantastic.

But, that's for Table Service. Quick Service seems to be a bit more dicey. Has anyone here visited CSR, who needs to eat a gluten free diet, and was able to safely eat at the Pepper Market? Was the staff knowledgeable enough to work with you?

Be sure to email special diets a few weeks before you go on vacation. They usually will have a chef from each restaurant you plan to dine at give you a call or you'll get an email. If you don't hear from them, you should probably give them a call. Some chefs go out of their way and will make things special for you, others will just show you what items you have to avoid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msmith
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Deluxe Dining   Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:25 pm

On that logic...

I just convinced DH that it is wise to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan so that we can eat half at CS and half at TS. I don't know why, but the idea of busy counter service meals and dealing with gluten free scares me to death. Sad Also, DH decided that he wanted to go to the Spirit of Aloha show and I told him we could do it, and pay ~$180 out of pocket, or convert to the Deluxe plan for just ~$50 more per person and get to do more interesting dining.

Now the fun begins. I get to book a ton of ADRs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special diets and the Pepper Market   

Back to top Go down

Special diets and the Pepper Market
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1