Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cafe Rix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HauntedGabe
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Cafe Rix   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:04 pm

While I loved the concept of Cafe Rix for a quick snack or meal it certainly isn't large enough to handle the large volume of people in the small area in the morning or evening. It was not even a high season, spring breaks were over and yet it was wall to wall bodies trying to carry trays, order coffee, order hot food, waiting for orders and trying to stand in one of 3 lines to pay while bumping into people trying to refill drinks.

The food was very good but it was just a nightmare trying to even get into the place let alone out.

Was this venue like this prior to the counter service going buffet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Rix   Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 am

I bet your right, with the PM being a buffet for breakfast and lunch, I bet more guests are heading to Cafe Rix for meals. I'll let you know when I return if I have the same experience as you. We usually stop there every morning for coffee for the bus ride to the parks.

HauntedGabe
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Rix   Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 pm

I can't even word how crowded it was in there. Think smashed in guests on a bus when Epcot empties out.
2 of 3 machines out of coffee, not water and hot chocolate. Cream dispenser empty. I told one CM about the half and half and she asked me what I would like? lol. I opened a milk and left it next to the empty cream dispenser.

I just had a hard time believing this was the "norm" for years. My guess was as I said a fall out from the pretty darn empty buffet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Rix   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm

HauntedGabe wrote:
I can't even word how crowded it was in there. Think smashed in guests on a bus when Epcot empties out.
2 of 3 machines out of coffee, not water and hot chocolate. Cream dispenser empty. I told one CM about the half and half and she asked me what I would like? lol. I opened a milk and left it next to the empty cream dispenser.

I just had a hard time believing this was the "norm" for years. My guess was as I said a fall out from the pretty darn empty buffet.

I noticed this at lunch time each time I ate at the PM. Cafe Rix was crowded but the PM was not, except once. The pm was empty until a convention had a lunch break, then the line to the PM went all the way to Cafe Rix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joaomendes
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Rix   Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:33 am

Me and my friends had gone at Rix Cafe on Sunday that was very nice experience for me. That was a buffet lunch for 8 euros. It offers all American type foods on the spot that means we no need for advance registration. I like theirs Cappacola Ham & Cheese, Italian Cold Cuts, Turkey Sandwich and Arbor Mist Wine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hotelurbano.com.br/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafe Rix   

Back to top Go down

Cafe Rix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1