Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nothing could be finer...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 am

Day 2 began with a trip to the lobby to switch to our room in cabana 9b. The room was not ready so we checked our bags with bell services and had breakfast at Cafe Rix. I had the oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins and DW had the breakfast croissant. After that we headed to DtD for the morning. We didn't have anything planned for this part of the day because originally we were not even suppose to be here yet. The bus ride to DtD was quick, no stops at the water parks. There were only a few people on the bus.

We had arrived a bit before 9am so we had to wait a few minutes for stores to open. It was a chilly morning for FL standards and unfortunately the only place open was Ghiradelli's so we had to stop in and suffer through a couple of hot chocolates. I got the Lombard Street Hot Cocoa - a cup of hot steamed milk served with 4 delicious Milk & Truffle Squares chocolates and my DW got the Sea Salt Caramel Hot Cocoa - whipped cream and a milk & caramel square. We also got samples of their new pumpkin spice squares, delicious!

After our drinks, we headed to the Christmas store. We finally decided, after numerous trips, to splurge on the Victorian Minnie/Mickey statute that we wanted for years. The box was huge so we had it shipped home to CT. We would have had to buy the box its own seat on the plane.

We made the rounds around the entire DtD area from end to end. We stopped to watch a CM making chocolate covered strawberries and he saw our anniversary button so he gave use some samples of the chocolate covered pineapple. Yum!

By now it was about noon time so we decided to stop in to visit the Earl, Earl of Sandwich that is. I had to get the holiday sandwich, it is my all time favorite sandwich and its just not the same when you make it yourself at home.

DW got the Earl's club and that was very tasty as well. This was our first time ever on the DDP and it was pretty good. I wouldn't not normally get soda or dessert but we did like how it was starting out.

After lunch we stopped at the margarita bar and had a few drinks by the water. I had the Habanero margarita...yum! Its fun watching folks rent the watercraft but they can't drive them.

After that, we took a bus to AoA because we wanted to check out the new resort. It is fabulous.

to be continued...

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh, poor Buzz...forced to drink hot chocolate. How did you ever survive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Docmidnite
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

Nice Buzz.
I also have lots of pics of Art of Animation since they built a bridge from Pop Century across the lake to AofA.

One person heard me call the coffe machine Sludge O Matic and broke out in hysterics. So I owe a nod to one of our members here for that line
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://BirdsofPreyonline.com
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:08 am

ajsmommy1129 wrote:
Oh, poor Buzz...forced to drink hot chocolate. How did you ever survive?
Its was tough but we managed.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am

After visiting AoA, we headed back to CSR to meet with some friends and to see if our room was ready.

Our new room was in cabana 9b, 2nd fl above the lounge. Great spot with a great view of the lake and a terrific upgrade.

Once we settled into the room and our bags were delivered, we went to the lobby to meet with friends. While in the lobby, we also got to see the new CM that is in the lobby interacting with the kids. The CM makes balloon animals and other fun things for the kids while the parents check in.

To my surprise, my friend gave me some great gifts for my birthday.

from CSR's quinceanera celebration, a small messenger type bag

cool back pack

and a great CSR pen

After all this, we were invited to Disney Quest and the CM preview of the New Fantasyland (more on this later). All this was just unbelievable! I was hoping to get lucky with one of the soft opening days of the New Fantasyland but the cast preview was the cherry on top. After almost missing this trip all together because of Hurrican Sandy, it was off to a great start.

We had dinner plans at Via Napoli so we had to catch our bus over to Epcot.

We started with the "Family Style" House Salad - $7 per person, minimum 2 people; leaf lettuces, roasted red peppers, marinated mushrooms, olives, peperonicini, red wine vinaigrette and the house bread. We were disappointed that they no longer give out the olive oil to go along with the bread though.

For dinner, I got Linguini Frutti di Mare - shrimp, clams, mussels, and squid tossed in marinara piccante. This was very good. DW got Piatti alla Parmigiana (Pollo - chicken breast) traditional preparation with tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella, served with roasted potatoes.

For dessert, we shared Tiramisu - Mascarpone cream, espresso coffee, lady fingers, and chocolate and Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

Everything was very good as has been our experience with Via Napoli. We just love going to this restaurant.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Day 3

My actual birthday!!! the BIG 5-0!! Today was also the day we were going to get to visit the New Fantasyland during a CM preview. I was invited by a good friend and my DW and I went with her, her DH and DS. So excited to see it!!

We headed to Magic Kingdom after having coffee at Cafe Rix. Have to stop at the Main Street Bakery for a cinnamon bun for sure.

We arrived at the park around 8:30am and were right at the front of the line by the rope near the tunnel. Guests were filtering in but not at all crowded.

After the opening ceremony, we walked up to the bakery and were first in line to enter. It was not quite 9am so the doors were still locked. Once open, we went through the line and purchased our cinnamon bun at sat a table inside. Still a bit chilly for a Florida morning but good for hot chocolate.

After breakfast, we headed to BTMRR because we missed it in May due to the rehab. We walked right on, not a soul around. Look at the gates up the line. No people waiting. It was strange. I haven't seen this few people since the days after 9/11.

After the ride, we headed to the HoP and HM. No wait at either attraction.

We did all the rides in Fantasyland, PP was a 5 min wait, Pooh, was no wait, Philharmagic had 5 min wait, SW no wait. We even had time to take photos with Tiana, she was all alone.

This trip was more about enjoying the parks that actually getting on all the rides. It was so nice to just walk around the park with DW and not be in a rush. It was nice. We did some shopping at the Christmas store and the stores along Main Street but I had to make sure to get some of the rice crispy treats, my favorite!

We had a lunch ADR at Tony's that I made that morning. I was really sure what to expect from this place because most of the reviews I've read were always knocking it.

It started off good when the quartet in the waiting area sang happy birthday to me and then once seated, the manager sang Bella Notte to us for our anniversary.

I had the Italian combo sandwich which was outstanding. I recommend it. the fresh chips were very good too.

DW had a margarita flatbread. It was okay but not as good as mine so we split and each had half of each entree.

We ended the meal with the pistachio creme brulee and the tiramisu. The creme brulee was so good!

After lunch, we headed back to the resort to meet up with my CM friend to work out the logistics for the evening. The resort was setting up a pumpkin contest table. Each department created a pumpkin design.

to be continued

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing could be finer...   

Back to top Go down

Nothing could be finer...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Coronado Springs Resort Forum :: Pre Trip, Countdowns, Trip Reviews & Reports-
Jump to: