Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm

I am a member on another Disney forum (wdwmagic) and post there quite frequently. But I wanted to share this with my CSR family as well! Although this trip will not be at CSR I am planning on getting there at least one afternoon to visit some of our favorite cast members, and show my mother my favorite resort!!

Posted on April 8th 2013:

I have cried tears of joy at least once a day over the last 6 days. It's all thanks to @Tiggerish! I came home from work last Wednesday and signed on to WDWMagic after getting my two kiddos to bed only to see a message from her telling me she was serious about a DVC offer she had mentioned in the PAD (a section on WDWMagic for paying members) . I went to the PAD and saw the offer and immediately my brain started going a mile a minute.
I was offered a 5 night stay in a 1 bedroom villa courtesy of Tiggerish and her MIL since the points would be expiring at the end of May and they were not going to be able to use them. At first I was thinking "PLANE TICKETS!! how much are plane tickets??" and I was frantically searching southwest to see when I could get some decent priced tickets. To my surprise there were quite a few options in May, and although that meant I would have to take my 7 yr old, Lexi, out of school for a few days, I couldn't ignore that things seemed to be pointing to YES... take this offer!!! I messaged Tiggerish that night letting her know I was going to check with work to see if I could get the time off.
I went to work Thursday (the 4th) and my co workers were telling me I HAD to take this opportunity and go. How could I not find a way to go to Disney while having the gift of the room given to me? They were right. This was a once in a lifetime chance. I will probably never be staying at a Disney resort for free ever again, I will probably never be able to stay in a 1 bedroom villa at a DVC resort ever again. (Unless I find that good looking, Disney loving, Money making husband I'm always talking about!) Luckily I have a great boss and when I mentioned the possibility of me going to Disney in May my boss was fine with it. I will only miss 2 days of work because of how my schedule rotation lands. So I told Tiggerish that I was ready to go! I couldn't believe this incredible offer had been given to me! Here I was, desperately saving to try to get me and my two awesome kids a trip sometime this fall or next spring, that would have consisted of a week long in a value resort, with just the three of us. Now I had this opportunity to stay at a DVC Villa which meant all I had to do was pay for flights, park tickets, and then food, which while being in a villa meant I could easily make some meals and save some more money.
So then there was only one thing holding me back. I could not make this trip by myself with two young kids. I mean, I would have if I had to, but I really wanted to make sure I had someone with me. Then there was the part where I had to tell me mom. She is the type of mother who wants me to save my money, can't understand why I take so many Disney trips, and just wants me to make sure I have a good savings going for if anything happens back at home. (Uhh... my savings is strictly a Disney savings, I have credit cards for my insurance plan if anything else goes wrong!! ) She is a great mom, I love her to the moon and back. But i was scared... So Thursday afternoon I made the call. She was at work, and I explained the offer I was given, I also mentioned how I was only going to be able to accept it if I could find someone to come with me. Wouldn't you know that she threw her "motherly" speech out the window and squealed into the phone "Are you asking ME to come to Disney with you?!?!" Ummm yes?? And so it was definite. I was going to Disney in May!! With my kids and my MOM!!! I had already emailed Tiggerish some dates Wednesday night, and had mentioned May 8th-13th as the best possible dates. She let me know she could find rooms for those dates at AKL, as well as SSR. I booked flights for me, my mom and my kids Thursday afternoon for the 8th-13th of May. Now I just had to hope that Tiggerish could work some magic and get us a room for those dates still!
Friday morning I got the email that our villa was booked! AKL 1 bedroom at Kidani Village from May 8th- May 13th!!! It was real! I still could not believe that this trip was happening I went into vacation mode. Holy Crap! I'm going to Disney World in a month!!! So much planning to do!!! I managed to get a breakfast at Crystal Palace for one morning at 8:20 (again, tell me that this trip is not meant to be!!) and over the weekend I started my spreadsheet... Which park which days, what rides will my 62 (almost 63) yr old mother want to ride? Which fireworks and parades are a must do for a practically first timer?? and when will I be able to meet up with a friend of mine who will be at Disney during some of those dates as well???
Over the weekend my mom asked me if we could invite my aunt Cindy down to FL with us. She is having shoulder surgery at the end of April, and won't be able to go to the parks, but she would love to be able to hang out at the resort and pool all day while we are gone! My kids absolutely love her, and she is my favorite aunt, so of course I thought this was another great addition to our vacation!! Tiggerish was able to add her to the reservation this morning, and now it is officially Me, My momma, my two amazing kiddos, and my awesome aunt Cindy! We are going to be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village, from May 8th-13th. Which means we are in Disney for mothers day!!! My moms birthday is May 23rd so we will celebrate that while there, and in my eyes, this is the first trip for my mom. Sure she took me back in 1997, but we stayed off site, and I am not sure how many days we were actually there, and what we managed to do, but with me as her "guide" this is her first REAL Disney vacation!!
My kids have NO IDEA this trip is happening!!! I have already started packing, haha, and we started buying "summer" clothes, and "summer" shoes. I really have Tiggerish and her MIL to thank for this trip happening. I can't explain how excited I am, how excited my mom is, and how excited my kids are going to be when they arrive at the airport and we tell them where we are going!

So much planning to do and so little time to do it!!!

So here is our plans:
May 8th, I will work for a few hours. I will then go pick up Dylan (my 2 yr old son) and we will get Lexi from school. We are going to drive to the airport to meet my mom and aunt. I haven't figured out how to do the reveal yet for the kids, all ideas are welcome!!!
flight to Orlando, arrive at the resort, relax, possible pool time, and bed.
May 9th, me kids and mom to Mk for EMH morning. possibly go to Epcot in the evening. Get kids and mom back to room, then I'm off to POR to see @Disney_Belle!!
May 10th, Crystal Palace ADR at 8:20, stay in MK for a little, then off to AK for the rest of the day. No mid day break, just do all we want at AK then back to the resort for the night.
May 11th, Start our day at DHS. Do all our must dos there. resort for a break, then off to Epcot for the night with Illuminations that night!
May 12th, this is mothers day, as well as our last full day in Disney. We will start our day at Epcot, take a mid day break, then head to MK for the night, and will make sure to see Wishes, and possibly MSEP as well.
May 13th, bring our luggage to bell service. Breakfast ADR at Ohana for all of us, my aunt included!! My aunt back to the resort pool, and me my mom and kids off to a park (which ever we feel like). Probably will have a 3:30 or so ME time so will be back to AKL in plenty of time for that!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Posted April 10th:

I ordered our park tickets Monday night through Undercover tourist. I have never used them before (I have always gotten package deals through Disney themselves). I have only heard good things so figured it was my best bet. It was much cheaper than buying them through the Disney site, and also cheaper than buying them through the "discount site" through my work. I got a phone call today while at work from Undercover Tourist as the service they use to mail them out had given them a different address for me... (cue my angry voice) Last august we had to change the numbers of our apartments for an E911 change. For some reason even though I changed my address with USPS I am now getting mail delivered to me with a different address, not my old or my current one. It eventually makes it to me, but what got me worried was that just 2 nights ago I gave the correct shipping address when I placed my order, and by today I got a confirmation that my package was on it's way to the random, not even mine, address! I freaked thinking these are our park tickets! If they get bounced around in the mail system somewhere they may not make it here before the trip!! So while talking to them I learned about this company they use, and realized that for some reason this company has our address wrong (as well as multiple other apartments in our complex). So there isn't much I can do about the tickets except keep my fingers crossed they make it in time. Now I am going to google this company and see if I can call someone there to fix the address. Grrr. This whole address thing has been such a pain since the day we changed everything over.
On a good note I bought a new bathing suit today!! I also got a new "park" bag Only 4 weeks to go!!!!

Posted April 15th:
Last week our DME tags and booklet came they were shipped UPS which I thought was awesome! They really wanted to make sure we received them in time apparently!

Then we received our park tickets in the mail today!! They managed to make their way even with the wrong address on the envelope! I was able go get a bit more packing done tonight! I realized my "big" suitcase is broken, so had to put the rest of the packing on hold.
I haven't came up with a good way to surprise the kids yet so if anyone has an idea feel free to share them with me! The day we fly out Lexi will be going to school. I will need to pick her up around noon, and we are going to meet my mom and aunt at the airport. I was thinking of waiting and doing the surprise when we meet up with my mom but I'm still not sure how to do it :/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Posted April 21st:

Only 17 days to go!!
Here are a few tid bits I wanted to make sure I talked about in here:

My mom had my kids this weekend while I worked both days. So tonight I went to her house (an hour away) to pick up my munchkins. While there I got to visit with my Aunt Cindy (the one who just had her shoulder surgery and will be joining us on the trip), and my mom for a bit. My mom informed me that Lexi kept talking about how my mom, aka Grammy, would be coming with her to Disney next December. She apparently would not stop talking about Disney and was very excited telling Grammy all that she was going to do with her while there. Mind you, Lexi has NO IDEA that we are going to Disney in 17 days, all she knows is that the next time we go Grammy will be with us, and not daddy. She is my child for sure! Even when you aren't sure when you will be back, Disney is still an every day topic of conversation!! Man I do love her!

Unfortunately, although my little girl is doing great, my little man Dylan has conjunctivitis :/ We have his first dentist appointment tomorrow morning and I am hoping I can get him in with his doctor either right before or right after since they are in the same building. I am still battling a head cold, everything I have ate and drank today has had no taste... makes this glass of wine a bit boring, but yet I'm still gonna drink it

I emailed Lexi's teacher Friday night letting her know about the trip and have not heard back yet. I am hoping she is gone on vacation and not just mad at me! (I'm sure she just hasn't read the email yet!) It is school vacation this week so I am looking forward to spending some extra time with the kids.

I gave up on packing because everything I pack I end up pulling back out a few days later. Looks like I'll be packing teh week before, I just have to put together a good list so I don't forget anything!! I usually start having dreams around now about how I get there and forgot to pack something. Whether it be bathing suits, under wear, or shorts. I will have the dreams!

I think we have decided on a way to surprise the kids. I am thinking I will give my mom a card ahead of time. The day of the trip I will drive the kids to meet my mom and aunt Cindy for lunch. When we get to lunch my mom will give Lexi the card. We will make her read it aloud to us. It will say something along the lines of "Instead of going to a bunch of doctors appointments, I think it would be more fun if we got on a plane and went to Walt Disney World. What do you think?" Our flight is at 2:55pm, which means we should be to our little airport by 1:30-2. If we plan to meet at 12:30 for lunch, this will be enough time to eat, then do the card, then get to the airport. If anyone has any opinions on this idea I want to hear them!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Posted April 24th:

SO last night I had the first, of probably a few, nightmares about the trip! I have them every time! It was the typical morning of vacation and nothing is packed yet! It was odd because it took place at the house I grew up in that we moved out of about 14 years ago. It's amazing how even in my dreams I still remembered every detail of that house! (I was searching various locations looking for my daughters summer shorts that I had apparently still not got out yet!) Needless to say the dream got me motivated to really start packing! I bought both my kids 5 new outfits each They are washing as I type this, and I will have them in their properly labeled zip lock bags before I get to sleep tonight!
Originally my plans for the 10th included an 8:20 reservation for breakfast at Crystal palace that I was super excited to be able to land being only a month out. Well... I started realizing that by doing MK that morning, and AK that evening, I was losing out on the chance to get a good mid day break in, as well as only giving us one chance to do MK at night (and night is my favorite time to be there!) So I started playing with the idea of doing Breakfast, then going right to AK to try to get everything in we could. Skipping a mid day break, and hitting MK that night. Then I realized the reason the Crystal Palace seemed so important to me was because we had been there every trip as a family to start off an MK day. It wasn't the characters, or the food, but more the tradition. And so then I started thinking. Maybe we could do breakfast at Tusker House, which would stop us from needing to transfer to the park after breakfast. Doing Tusker would also mean I could nix 'Ohana on our departure day and free up more time to hit a park and then enjoy our resort. If we could see Mickey at Tusker, I wouldn't worry about missing 'Ohana. Well last night I was able to get a 10:20 ADR for Tusker, and figured we could make that work. I cancelled our Crystal Palace ADR and was ok with getting to AK for open, taking a breakfast break, finishing AK, afternoon break and then MK that night. Well tonight I decided to check just for the heck of it and try for an earlier ADR for Tusker. Wouldn't you know that they had a freaking 8:00am open?!?!? So now, we have an 8am ADR for Tusker House!!!! We will be able to get to the park early, eat breakfast, and be at the rope before opening time!! I was very excited to find this being only 16 days from the date of the breakfast!! I can only hope my cancelled 8:20 at Crystal Palace made someone as happy as this 8am Tusker House made me! So that day we now will get everything we want to do at AK before 1, can hang at the resort for a few hours, and then be in MK that night I'm really very excited about this!!! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
accord99cutie
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:07 pm

And here we are up to date! I am kind of sad that we will not be staying at CSR as that has been our home for so many years, but this will be the first trip without my ex, so I think being at a new location will be best! I will still have to make a trip to CSR because it really is my HOME. I'm thinking we may just take a pool break some afternoon back there (I know.. no pool hopping aloud, but I really want to visit my favorite bartenders at Siesta's!!!) Here was today's post!

My final plans for the reveal are set, and are ready to roll!!! I made the fortune cookies yesterday!!! I labeled each bag with who's cookie it is. Lexi will opens her's last, and her's has the full reveal in it!!! I can not wait!!! 4 of us will open our cookies with fortunes talking about sunshine, relaxation, happy places adn fun, adn then she will open her;s that will say we are all going to Disney World TODAY!! Only 9 days to go! Most packing is done. I have a small list going of morning of things to pack. I don't think i could much more excited! Work already hates me because I am in vacation mode! We have a few doctors appointments to get to this week, then Lexi thinks she has another two right after... But really she just has an appointment to go to WDW! 9 day to go and it's definitely time for a single digits dance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:21 am

That's awesome! I love surprises, especially when they involve Disney.

Pooh'sBuddy
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:49 pm

How awesome is that?!?!! Love the fortune cookie idea. Have a great trip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!    

Back to top Go down

The "Surprise for us all!" Trip Report!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1