Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Convention List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Convention List   Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:42 pm

I added some new conventions.

CSR CONVENTION LIST

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:43 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 am

GRAINGER 2011

Sometimes you call to try and get a room at CSR and its totally booked. Grainger is one of those companies that books the entire resort (each and every room) for their yearly conventions. They take over the whole place. No outside guests stay during the convention.

Check out more photos at MOUSESTEPS
. Thanks again Denise!!

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
BigRedDad
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, if they rent the entire resort, then there is nothing anyone can do to complain about those tables and company stuff everywhere . It would suck if you got a room there and they had all of the others. I am sure WDW would upgrade you to AKL or something if that were the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:52 am

well I see on the conventions list why all of the queen bed rooms are taken... they have conventions back to back the month we're going... really hoping something opens up, I don't want my bff sleeping on a mattress on the floor!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.photographybyantonia.com
cara~mell
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Do the conventions limit availability of pool, busses, food court or are the facilities better because they are participating in daily conferences? I know with my work conferences, I only had evenings off. I've never stayed at CSR (one of the only resorts we haven't stayed at), so we're looking forward to our vacation there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 am

the lake/pool side "lounges" were incredibly busy at night... and the hot tub was pretty busy with a teen group when we were there in January

but the buses are pretty empty, and the resort is large enough that it doesn't feel busy at all (except for when they're checking in the first day, avoid the lobby at all cost!)
Back to top Go down
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 am

cara~mell wrote:
Do the conventions limit availability of pool, buses, food court or are the facilities better because they are participating in daily conferences? I know with my work conferences, I only had evenings off. I've never stayed at CSR (one of the only resorts we haven't stayed at), so we're looking forward to our vacation there.
It all depends on the convention. Each group is different because they request different setups. My experience is that when I'm at CSR and a convention has been going on, it makes the buses and pools less crowded during the day. I don't spend alot of time at the lounges or pool in the evening but the few times I've have, I haven't notice a difference in the crowds. In Feb 2009, we spent a few nights at the pool in the evening and we were three out of a total of 10 people there. The lounge closed at 7pm and the pool had a hand full of people in it at the time.

Everyone's experience will be different but I've never had a bad experience because of a convention.

The convention in this post took over the entire resort so no one was put out. If anyone was moved, they probably were upgraded to a deluxe. No one outside the convention could stay at CSR during this week. There are two or three companies that come back to CSR each and every year for this purpose.

One visit, a convention group paid for fireworks right at the resort. They did it over the lake in the front of the resort. It was awesome (but loud)!

frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Conventions booking the resort   Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:16 am

Sometimes convention groups will "Block" most or all of the rooms at the resort; but, if not everyone shows up for the convention (and many usually do not), those rooms open up for leisure guests. We had a couple hundred leisure guests during the Grainger convention; but most of that came after the rooms were unblocked. If you are wondering about the conditions during a convention, call and ask us. If we have the information you need, we will tell you. Room availability and on-site functions are not secret. If you are booked to visit during a convention, you can always ask for information at checkin. If you decide (but you probably won't) that CSR during that time is not the best experience for your stay, we will be happy to check for rooms and arrange a change to another resort. First we try other moderate resorts and simply transfer your reservation and any payment to that resort. If there are no moderate resorts available, we will ask if you want us to try other value or deluxe resorts, with you being credited or charged for the difference in fees.

We have paid the difference is room charges if a mistake was made by WDW and a guest was reserved a room by Disney Reservations when we do not have any rooms available. We do not pay for upgrades if the upgrade is requested by the guest, only if it is necessitated by our error.

Like any other hotel reservation, make certain before the cancellation date that this is the resort that you wish to stay at.

ABC and ESPN are also Disney, just as the Grand Floridian and CSR are part of Disney; but we are all separate business units. A reservation at CSR does not equal a reservation at GFL, the difference in pricing is about $300/night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 am

so does that mean I shouldn't keep checking to see if a room with two queens becomes available and i should just wait and ask at check in?
Back to top Go down
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:20 am

Tonichelle wrote:
so does that mean I shouldn't keep checking to see if a room with two queens becomes available and i should just wait and ask at check in?
I would keep checking because you never know if something will open up. Since you're going in November, start checking at the end of September. They usually give convention goers up to about a month prior to the convention to book. For example, the convention on 11/4 has up to 10/13 to book a room.

mad4mky
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

My first post here...

My daughter and I are coming to CSR in July for the National Down Syndrome Convention. It's my 3rd time to WDW--it will be her 2nd. Our first time to CSR (the other two trips we stayed at Port Orleans--but it was Dixie Landings then).

I just wanted to comment on the booked/blocked rooms for the conventions. WDW had a respresentative at this past year's NDSC convention (it was in Sacramento, CA)--encouraging people to book early for the 2010 convention.
Dreading the July heat in Orlando, I was skeptical whether we could attend or not (we are BIG Disney fans. We live in Nor Cal and have APs for Disneyland. Last spring we went to the Tokyo Disney Resort, have been to DL Paris and have cruised several times on the DCL). I thought perhaps my husband would be 'Disney-d out' after Tokyo Disney Resort (he is, hence--only us two attending vs. 5 of us attending).

Anyways--my point is:--I waited to book...and the CSR was already at capacity for the convention when I called. The NDSC conventions are quite large, with thousands attending (they have held it in Anaheim, CA several times as well).
WDW reservations informed me that they do not have a 'waiting list'--so they booked me in the Caribbean Beach Resort (the overflow hotel), and encouraged me to call in often to check for cancellations.

After two weeks of calling back, I did get into the CSR. I would encourage anyone who is told the resort is booked to keep calling back. My diligence paid off and we are set at the CSR.

Sorry for the long post. It's my first time here on this board. I found it in my search to learn more about the hotel (I tend to research A LOT before I head out on vacations--you should see my TDR files/links!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

welcome #2 to the CSR Forums!

I agree with you 100% on the calling back. It really works. Not every time but miracles can happen.

I also agree with you on the heat! it will be hot, humid and hot. But if you will be doing your convention stuff during the heat of the day, then you will have it a bit cooler in the evening.

We went once in June and we did the parks during the morning and nights. it was even too hot to swim because the pool water was too hot for me.

Have a great time and if you have any questions, just ask

mad4mky
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

I am sure I will have LOTS of questions.

(but at least I kind of know the ins and out of WDW since I have been there before).

I dread the humidity --. The heat wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so flipping humid out there. My oldest (26) and youngest (19) daughters looked like I had grown a third eye when I mentioned traveling out there in July.
*sigh*
But, I'm jazzed. Having a daughter with Down syndrome in tow will slow us down quite considerably--so it will be slow moving for us which hopefully will help us not burn out so quickly....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beachgrl001
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 am

How accurate is the convention list? I see only one convention listed for September (24th-27th ASBO) My dates are the 12th-19th, so does this mean that there will be no conventioners at all at the resort, or just no big conventions?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:08 am

The list is accurate as to what conventions I find searching the web or ones other guests told me they would be attending. At times, there can be a main convention (like ABSO) and a few smaller ones at the same time. The more people attending a convention, the less crowded the pools and buses will be. The main place you can be effected is dining. If you plan to eat at the convention lunch and dinner times, you may encounter crowds.

Tonichelle
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 pm

mad4mky wrote:

WDW reservations informed me that they do not have a 'waiting list'--so they booked me in the Caribbean Beach Resort (the overflow hotel), and encouraged me to call in often to check for cancellations.

After two weeks of calling back, I did get into the CSR. I would encourage anyone who is told the resort is booked to keep calling back. My diligence paid off and we are set at the CSR.

Welcome to the boards. I thankfully do not have to worry about getting in - I have a reservation in place at CSR *whew* I just hope we end up with two beds or my bestie will be sleeping on the floor (seriously we're bringing an air matress)
Back to top Go down
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Conventions   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:13 pm

There is no single answer about conventions in general. Some conventions have their own banquets and the resort dining is empty. Some may offer a breakfast or a lunch or a dinner or nothing to the attendees. Some conventions, like Grainger, buy out the entire evening of a theme park (two nights/two parks for Grainger) and the entire resort is empty. Some conventions have 8,000 people, some have 200. Normally, there are 3 or 4 small to moderate conventions going on all of the time at CSR; but no one notices because we are equipped to handle these and there usually aren't beach parties or fireworks. Rarely, leisure guests are put out by a conventions; although some are "noisier" than others. The couple that we have had that have gone overboard, we have not rebooked for everyones sake. Most are simply business, professional, or public organizations that have a lot of work to do and little time to "party". They attend meetings during the day and hope to get a chance to see a theme park one of the nights they are with us.

In other words, do not fear the CONVENTION. You will heard more noise from people laughing at the pool or a little child squealing with joy because they are going to see Mickey!

If you are concerned about some specific group that will be at CSR while you are, feel free to call. We will be happy to advise you. We want your stay at WDW to be magical (we really do; but we are all nuts here).

Some of these conventions are wonderful to experience!!!! Children's Miracle Network, Make-a-Wish, Family Cafe, World Wildlife Conservation.......you can just breathe in the joy, it's in the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I added quite a few new conventions for 2011.

CONVENTION LIST

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:09 pm

GRAINGER 2012

Check in area

One of the many parking lots covered in heavy-duty tents, complete with generators and air conditioning.

Anyone up for a game of parking lot basketball??

Unloading trucks

Forklifts moving around the parking lot

View from the rooms

The random electrical cords and cable that lined the entire lake.

The speakers loaded on floating platforms waiting to be placed around the lake. They also had 2 extra barges with a man setting up fireworks for a private show from the middle of the lake.

emcclay
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 pm

It looks like CSR is pretty much booked 3/24-3/29. This should be interesting! sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:58 pm

welcome to the CSR Forum!

I've been to CSR during just about every season and holiday there is and no matter how crowded it is suppose to be, the resort always seems empty. You walk around and say to yourself where is everyone. I prefer it when there are lots of conventions because it keeps the pools and buses less crowded. We've gone to the parks on hot June mornings and returned to the pool at 11am and been able to find tab les with umbrellas. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

ps - request rancho 7b

emcclay
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:
welcome to the CSR Forum!

I've been to CSR during just about every season and holiday there is and no matter how crowded it is suppose to be, the resort always seems empty. You walk around and say to yourself where is everyone. I prefer it when there are lots of conventions because it keeps the pools and buses less crowded. We've gone to the parks on hot June mornings and returned to the pool at 11am and been able to find tab les with umbrellas. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

ps - request rancho 7b

I stayed at CSR in October. There were a couple conventions, that I knew of, going on at the time. I actually want to stay in the Ranchos this time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

GOOD NEWS FOR 2013!!

No Grainger convention at CSR because they are going to the Orange County Convention center.

minnie-mouse
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Buzz,
Are there typically any very large conference in the end of April-beginning of May at CSR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:50 pm

There is always conventions going on of all sizes but not of the size of the Grainger convention.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convention List   

Back to top Go down

Convention List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1