Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 pm

I've always made sure there were no big conventions when I booked our room at CSR. This time is different. We are going for a Convention. I requested 8A. Was that a mistake? The room request? Any idea where the car show at the resort is going to be? I know the Mustangs at Mickyard is at the race track, but I saw there is another show at the resort too. DH is not showing his car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:25 am

Not sure where the show will be held but there are some activities planned for the resort. Did you book the convention rate of $99? You don't have to be a member to get it.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e7evkudrc4cde24b&llr=67f54qkab

Planned Activities
Friday Night Welcome BBQ - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Let's kick the event off right with a great BBQ party! We've got a band scheduled to play, plus other surprises in store to get everyone in the mood for a great show weekend at Disney! The BBQ is served buffet style and is just $42 for adults and $21 for children 3-9 year of age.

Saturday Fireworks & Dessert Party - Epcot®
Experience the premier nighttime spectacular at Epcot®, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, from a private viewing area, while enjoying a dessert bar featuring plenty of goodies like cookies, ice cream and fresh fruit. The cost for this event is just $34 per person ($17 for children). If you're staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, you can use your provided "After 4 p.m." tickets for entry to the fireworks and dessert party.

Awards Banquet - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Join us Sunday for our awards banquet! We're planning guest speakers and other surprises for our attendees. The banquet is $50 per adult ($25 for children).

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 am

I found out that there is actually 2 shows that weekend. There is a car show inside the convention center. And then there is the Mustangs and the Mickyard show. This show will be held inside the Richard Petty speedway.

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 am

Buzz2001 wrote:
Not sure where the show will be held but there are some activities planned for the resort. Did you book the convention rate of $99? You don't have to be a member to get it.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e7evkudrc4cde24b&llr=67f54qkab

Planned Activities
Friday Night Welcome BBQ - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Let's kick the event off right with a great BBQ party! We've got a band scheduled to play, plus other surprises in store to get everyone in the mood for a great show weekend at Disney! The BBQ is served buffet style and is just $42 for adults and $21 for children 3-9 year of age.

Saturday Fireworks & Dessert Party - Epcot®
Experience the premier nighttime spectacular at Epcot®, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, from a private viewing area, while enjoying a dessert bar featuring plenty of goodies like cookies, ice cream and fresh fruit. The cost for this event is just $34 per person ($17 for children). If you're staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, you can use your provided "After 4 p.m." tickets for entry to the fireworks and dessert party.

Awards Banquet - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Join us Sunday for our awards banquet! We're planning guest speakers and other surprises for our attendees. The banquet is $50 per adult ($25 for children).

Thanks for the info and link.

Buzz2001 wrote:
I found out that there is actually 2 shows that weekend. There is a car show inside the convention center. And then there is the Mustangs and the Mickyard show. This show will be held inside the Richard Petty speedway.

Yes, I knew about the two. Just didn't know if the car show at CSR was in the convention center or in a parking lot. You are coming in for the car show too?

The rooms are also available at POR as overflow rooms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Buzz2001 wrote:

Is this the other show? The Dream Car one? http://www.dreamcarsweekend.com/index.html

Looks like the Dream Car stuff has something going every night. Do you think the laua will be on the beach at the Cabanas? Or do you know if it's indoos?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cargirl
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:27 am

I am the creator of Dream Cars Weekend.  The car show is in the parking area of the resort, however not in the front entrance.  Spectators are free to attend.  The Veracruz exhibition hall will have car vendors, race legends Don Garlits and Geoff Bodine, jet dragster Elaine Larsen, famous artist Laurence Gartel, over 400 custom model car show, a micro stock car race track and much more.  There is the Green Light Kickoff party which is a 1920's vintage rockabilly theme event, the Moonlight Beach Luau on Saturday night is on the beach, and the Rise and Shine Monday breakfast is a 1950's style diner theme.  Tickets can be purchased on the website.  The room rate is $99 plus you get a pair of after-4pm theme park passes.  Make sure you mention that you are coming for Dream Cars Weekend, or you chose that option on the online registration linked to our website.  The main part of the car show will be all day Saturday and Sunday.  There will be buses running between the Coronado and the Mustang show at the speedway.  However the mustangs will only be showing Friday and Saturday, then back at the Coronado for Sunday.

Please go to the Dream Cars Weekend website for complete information.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.DreamCarsWeekend.com
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 am

Thanks for posting Cargirl!

lovethattink
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:00 am

cargirl wrote:
I am the creator of Dream Cars Weekend.  The car show is in the parking area of the resort, however not in the front entrance.  Spectators are free to attend.  The Veracruz exhibition hall will have car vendors, race legends Don Garlits and Geoff Bodine, jet dragster Elaine Larsen, famous artist Laurence Gartel, over 400 custom model car show, a micro stock car race track and much more.  There is the Green Light Kickoff party which is a 1920's vintage rockabilly theme event, the Moonlight Beach Luau on Saturday night is on the beach, and the Rise and Shine Monday breakfast is a 1950's style diner theme.  Tickets can be purchased on the website.  The room rate is $99 plus you get a pair of after-4pm theme park passes.  Make sure you mention that you are coming for Dream Cars Weekend, or you chose that option on the online registration linked to our website.  The main part of the car show will be all day Saturday and Sunday.  There will be buses running between the Coronado and the Mustang show at the speedway.  However the mustangs will only be showing Friday and Saturday, then back at the Coronado for Sunday.

Please go to the Dream Cars Weekend website for complete information.

Thanks for the information. Our room has been booked since last September for Mustangs at Mickyard. This week was the first I heard of Dream Cars Weekend. At first I was a little confused, but now I think I've got it all straight. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard   

Back to top Go down

Not Avoidin a Convention this time! - Mustangs at Mickyard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1