Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Hunters are headed home!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: The Hunters are headed home!   Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Yes, after two glorious "Ain't no better time than now for Mexico" Disney Cruises, my husband, whom I dragged kicking and screaming to WDW about nine years ago for the first time, has put his foot down and MADE me book a trip to WDW. Twisted my arm, he did, the meanie. Sooooo....here are the pertinents on the trip:

When: August 29th thru September 6th
Where: CSR, Business class.Yes, I will finally have the coveted Cabanas 9B!!!!
What: Park Hopper with Water Park and More, plus Deluxe Dining

It's been awhile, so for those of you who don't know me:

Me: I'm the Momma. I have a full time career in the pharmaceutical regulatory field and a home based party/cake making business. In my spare time, I stalk Kenny Chesney, love to read, write, scrapbook and dabble in all manner of crafts. I also bleed orange and black, as a die hard fan of the finest hockey team ever to grace the ice, the Philadelphia Flyers.

DH: He's the Dad. Banker by day, cyclist, fisherman, runner, and all round sickeningly good athlete in his spare time. Seriously, if it is a sport in any way, he is good at it. I hate him sometimes. Listens to Pink Floyd, Genesis, and bad 80's dance music. I know, I know, but he is really good looking.

DS: He is the Child. Honors student, sixth grade. Looks like the Dad, has the attitude of the Momma. Lives for video games, was the proud recipient of a brand spanking new PS4 for Christmas, which he is playing as we speak. Despite my finest efforts, he is also listening to ELO. Yeah, it's a good thing he looks like the Dad.

We have ordered our Magic Bands, and I am reading up in FP+. We ae rope drop to park close commando style park folks, so I am a tad worried about the new fast Pass stuff, so I am soothing myself with research. I have also purchased a brand new ChromeBook for the trip...ok, I bought the ChromeBook because I am a tech fiend, but it will surely come in handy on the trip, what with the free in room wifi.
I am also very, very excited about the business class room, as I have done everything but beg on my hands and knees for Cabanas 9b in the past, so the opportunity to pay for it was fine by me.

Well, that's it for now....back to research on the FP+!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:35 am

That's terrific! DW and I are going back in November.

Check out this site. Denise has some good info on the FP+

MOUSESAVERS

ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Well, it has been a while, and there have been some changes, but we are under three weeks until we head home and the packing has commenced!

The first change is that we are headed down a day early.We got an awesome deal for a 7 PM flight on the 28th, so we booked an extra night  in Cabanas 9B! We also got the coveted Free Dining for a portion of our stay, and a pretty hefty room discount for the remainder, for a savings of about a thousand dollars.

We have booked our FastPasses and ADRs and have received our Magic Bands...all four of them. Yes, four. No, we didn't have a miracle baby, but we are bringing an almost two year old little boy with us. It is a long story, but this little guy stole our hearts, and we are obviously in his life for a reason, so we will leave it at that. This will be my first trip in a long, long time with diapers, wipes, bibs and sippy cups, so I have been a tad on the busy side, hence my lack of postings here.

We got all the FP+ and ADRS that we wanted, with the exception of, believe it ir not, Cape May Buffet. We got Be Our Guest, for both a lunch and dinner, and my all time fave, California Grill. Our days are pretty well planned, and I promise you more details in my next post...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Docmidnite
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Way to go Hunters. Have a blast.
Whatever the story is with the 2 year old... YOU are an amazing family. My wife always says people are put in your life and events both good and bad happen for a reason.   
We are going for a real short trip in November again. HS and Sports/education kinda come first.

Also...There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH ELO, PINK FLOYD OR GENESIIS. CLASSIC!!!! Your Hubby has great taste. Throw Styx, Foreigner, The Eagles and Bad Company in there and we could be brothers!!LOL

If you enjoy beef....at lunch at Be Our Guest try the sliced prime rib sandwich the horseradish mayo.... tongue  Very Happy    Dear God its good.

Oh and my son is going into 8th this year. Already said he is going into culinary field for being a pastry chef and wants to go to Johnson and Wales.. So if you are looking to expand he may be available in a few years...LOL

Enjoy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://BirdsofPreyonline.com
ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Yep, The Hunters are back, and as usual, we all got sick the week after vacation. We had an awesome time, and have a gazillion pictures. There has been some upheaval at work, so I am still working on my trip report for y'all, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I will say this....Cabanas 9B is all that, and a bag of chips, plus free sangria. Business class has spoiled us for all other rooms!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ajsmommy1129
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Docmidnite wrote:
Way to go Hunters. Have a blast.
Whatever the story is with the 2 year old... YOU are an amazing family. My wife always says people are put in your life and events both good and bad happen for a reason.   
We are going for a real short trip in November again. HS and Sports/education kinda come first.

Also...There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH ELO, PINK FLOYD OR GENESIIS. CLASSIC!!!! Your Hubby has great taste. Throw Styx, Foreigner, The Eagles and Bad Company in there and we could be brothers!!LOL

If you enjoy beef....at lunch at Be Our Guest try the sliced prime rib sandwich the horseradish mayo.... tongue  Very Happy    Dear God its good.  

Oh and my son is going into 8th this year. Already said he is going into culinary field for being a pastry chef and wants to go to Johnson and Wales.. So if you are looking to expand he may be available in a few years...LOL

Enjoy!!!!!

Doc, that sliced prime rib at BOG was AMAZING, it rivals Earl of Sandwich, and I didn't think anything would ever come close. As far as the hubby's taste in music, let's just say I think his taste in women and hockey teams make up for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:56 am

Welcome back! Look forward to reading your report

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunters are headed home!   

Back to top Go down

The Hunters are headed home!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1