Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Beer Flights...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blueconder
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Beer Flights...   Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:06 pm

I have been scouring everywhere to what I thought would be a breeze to find the answer to...How much are the beer flights & what restaurants offer them? I know Rose & Crown, Biergarten, Big River Grille, and Raglan Road offer them, but I don't know if there are more and how much they will cost. I'm trying to figure out how much $$ I'll need to budget for drinking (LOL- sounds bad put that way) and tips. Thank you in advance to all that help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Beer Flights...   Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:25 pm

I don't think there is anything official. I found this on another site.

Canada: (prices between $US 5-9)
drafts include moosehead
bottles include labatt's, labbatt's light, and sometimes Fin d'Monde
I don't remember there being wine or other adult beverages available at the stand so unless you go into Le Cellier, beer is your drink.

UK:
They have a full bar and usually offer a "drink of the day". All sorts of British ales/beers/lagers. If you just want to try the stand outside they have Guiness, Bass and Harp. They're about $8/pint. They recently had a beers around the world stand outside that also served some beers from other nations.

France:
Beer is Kronenburg and is about $6/bottle
Large selection of wines, champagnes and cognacs, both at the outside stand and at the counter in the wine store. Prices vary depending on what you want, but wine usually goes for about $3-5, champagnes about $7-9

Morroco:
Offers coffee liquors and also Casablanca beer. I believe they also have Heineken and bud/bud light in the counter service restaurant. The table service restaurant offers a full bar.

Japan:
Saki bar inside Mitsukoshi gift shop. The sushi place upstairs offers a full bar including many Japanese drinks. The kakighori stand has Kirin, Kirin light, and Kirin ichiban beers. Saki is about $3-6, beer is about $4-7

US:
Bud, Bud light, one of those weird winecooler things, and Sam Adams. Usually around $5-7

Italy:
The wine store offers many different types as well as my wife's fave Rosa Regale (prices from $3-7)
The stand outside offers peroni beer and other wines.

Germany:
Need you ask? The cart has bottled beers from Germany. The stand offers draughts (Lowenbrau and Lowenbrau Oktoberfest I believe). The counter service just outside the BierGarten has Jaeger, Rumpleminz, Apfelcorn(sp?), as well as several German beers. The BierGarten itself serves liters of good stuff as well as other adult beverages and many wines

The outpost:
Michelob, Mich Ultra, and a few other things. Officially, I don't know if this counts as a stop on the "beers around the world thing" I am a purist and only really count the 11 countries, but if you're thirsty between Germany and China, this might help you out.

China-
Plum Wine and TsingTao Beer (about $5 bottle). Nine Dragons has a selection of other beers and liquors and also has a full bar I believe.

Norway-
The stand outside usually has some different wines (including US wines) as well as Bud Light light and Karlsberg beer. You can get a huge beer there (its like $10 i think, but they also have smaller beers for like $6-7.) The bakery has several other beer and wine selections. The restaurant Akershus is like the other restaurants in that they offer more liquor drinks and wine selections. Norway used to serve Rignes beer...it was good and I miss it. :cry:

Mexico-
There is a stand that serves frozen margaritas of different flavors (strawberry, line, mango and something else) I think they're like $8?
The cantina de san angel, just outside the pyramid offers a drinks line (to the left of the actual food line) that has Dos Equis (XX) and also regular frozen margaritas. The San Angel Restaurant in the pyramid has several other Mexican beers, both on tap and bottled including Tecate, Negra Modelo and some others, as well as either frozen or on the rocks margaritas and other Mexican drinks. They also have the new tequila bar.

Good luck making it around. Be sure to have a designated driver or use Disney transport.

blueconder
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Beer Flights...   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:48 am

Wow! Thank you so much for the info on the beers from "around the world", I greatly appreciate all of the work!! What I was looking for is more of a if you will, a beer enthusiasts "sampler" of beers from one location. They are typically served in 4 or 5 smaller glasses and have a description of each beer in each glass. As much as I would love to drink my way around the world and sample a full glass of every country, I wouldn't make it very far. drunken I was actually going to share the beer flight with my friend I am going with so we can still find our way out of the park as neither of us are huge drinkers, we just like going to breweries to try new and interesting varieties of beer when we travel for some odd reason. Thank you so much for your help though, I may still have to try a few since i'll be there a week I think I can try maybe one a day!
An example of a beer flight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Beer Flights...   Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:08 am

When I'm there in a few weeks, I'll find out for you if know one has answered by then.

When are you going to WDW? I know they have the beer hop during the Food & Wine Festival between France and Morocco Pavilions. For $12, guests can sample four of the eight different ales, lagers and craft beers from around the world."

Check out this link.
WDW BEERS

blueconder
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Beer Flights...   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:02 pm

I really appreciate you doing that for me, that is extremely kind of you! We'll be in WDW from Dec 9th till the 16th. I'm so excited!! Don't go out of your way to find out thought, I don't want to trouble you on your vacation. Thank you for the link as well, good stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beer Flights...   

Back to top Go down

Beer Flights...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1