Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Split Stays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
disadventurer
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Split Stays   Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi. We are splitting our stay at CSR and WL. Do we let registration know at check-in or night before. Not sure how it is done here. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: splitting reservations between two resorts   Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 pm

By all mean, let the Front Desk Cashier know that you will be changing resorts mid-stay. They will be able to advise you on how to make the transition much simpler! Split stays are very common at WDW. I have talked to guests that are "trying out" four different resorts during their stay. We are always happy to help smooth the change.

If you should get a naive cashier, always ask to speak with the FSA (Front Desk Services Adviser) who is always a cast member with lots of experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
disadventurer
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Split Stays   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Thank you for responding so quickly. We arrive this Sunday as my DH is part of convention. We have a ressie at WL on Tues. and as he will be tied up in seminar, I will need to "get the job done" and facilitate the luggage and meet up with him later. Truly appreciate your response. Any thoughts on a room?? Never stayed here before and it's just the two of us this time. Thanks again in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRedDad
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Split Stays   Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:03 am

It is a smooth process. My only negative was how long it took our luggage to arrive. I attributed that to Thanksgiving crowds. It was on the Wednesday of Thanksgiving week. It got to the point of needing the luggage so bad, I had to have them physically locate where it was and threaten to get a cab to go get it. Needless-to-say, once I said that, the luggage arrived in 30 minutes.

I would take my experience as a 1-off situation. I am sure that is the extreme side from the norm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
disadventurer
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Split Stays   Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:46 am

Ouch!! Hope it doesn't get that bad!! My plan is to get the earliest bus, go with the luggage, and checkin early while DH finishes up at convention. Specifically, do you know if I can go with the luggage in van. Did this at FT Wilderness Cabins to POFQ a couple of years ago, but not sure if logistics have changed; or even if it varies resort to resort.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigRedDad
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Split Stays   Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm

I don't know if you can travel with the luggage if you are having them move it for you. We called Bell Services, they picked up the bags, and went from there. It was the day before Thanksgiving and I think that was the biggest issue of all. If you want to travel with the luggage, then I think you need to take a taxi/van. You can call Bell Services at the resort and ask them what they do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Split Stays   

Back to top Go down

Split Stays
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1