Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
loadsapixiedust
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:47 am

This will be our first time staying at CSR. I'm hoping someone can help me with the best room location to request for our family. There will be myself, my husband who has a mobility disability but is able to walk reasonable distances, and our son (17) who is a full time wheelchair user and will have me pushing affraid

We will need an accessible room with a roll in shower which has been requested on our booking. Can anyone help with the locations of these rooms within the resort and can we request a particular location or will a room just be assigned to us because of the special needs?

My wish list would be for close to a bus stop, parking lot, pool and food court and a nice view would be a bonus. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:49 am

when will you be coming to CSR and are there any others in your family???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loadsapixiedust
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 am

We check in on October 1st for 14 nights, just the 3 of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Check out this link.

Room Suggestions
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:53 pm

We do our best to assure that our guests with special needs are given the same opportunity to enjoy WDW and CSR as everyone else. There are LOTS of resources available for you, including special needs rooms, special accommodations at attractions, special seating for meals and events as needed. I am glad that Mario built this site so that you could let me know that you had special needs before you arrived. We can get everything set up, so that when you do get here, you can just have fun.

Buzz' Coronado Springs web site (that he gave in his link below) is loaded with information......go there often!!!!

Walt Disney World Resort Hotels offer special equipment and facilities for Guests with disabilities. Features vary depending upon the selected Resort and guest' needs. Accommodations for guests with disabilities may include:

Bathrooms - wider bathroom doors, roll-in showers, shower benches, hand-held shower heads, accessible vanities, portable commodes, bathroom rails
Bed Accessories - bed rails, adjustable beds, lower beds, and rubber bed pads, open frame beds
Room Communication Kits - door knock and phone alerts, bed shaker alarm, Text Typewriter (TTY), strobe light fire alarm, phone amplifier
Other Features - buses with accessible lifts, double peep holes in doors, refrigerators, closed captioned television, braille on signage and elevators.

For information specific to individual Resorts, please call Walt Disney World Resort Special Requests at 407-939-7807 (Option 1) DO THIS NOW, with your reservation info. If you booked through a travel agent.....still call this number.

Requests for Disabled guest guide brochures prior to a vacation should be sent to the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 934-7639

About a week before you arrive, fax the operations desk at the resort directly with your needs. This is entirely appropriate for special needs guests, so don't hesitate letting us assist you. I have PM'd the direct fax number to the operations desk, so that you can be certain that the people that can help you actually get the fax. If you like you certainly can put ATTN: John on it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Contact telephone numbers   Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 pm

I just realized that you are coming from Great Britain. I am not sure of the contact telephone numbers on the other side of the pond, but I am sure that there are local exchanges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: Our friends at Passporter.com   Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:28 pm

here is a link to a publication from Buzz and my friends at Passporter.com specifically addressing special needs at WDW and DCL. Passporter - Open Mouse

Just found contact info for Britain online at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/common/Plain?id=PlainHomePage
specific info on mobility issues at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/common/Plain?id=PlainMobilityDPage

Hope these help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by frodesen on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loadsapixiedust
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Wow thanks for all the info John, so helpful of you.
We have visited WDW before just not CSR so were unsure of what's available at this resort.
I will fax our requests ahead of our arrival.
Do you know if the accessible rooms are located in any particular location or spread throughout the resort?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: special needs rooms   Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:42 am

The special needs rooms are located in all parts of the resort. Right now, Bldgs 1 and 2 in the Casitas are closed for refurbishment. I don't want to guess on when they will actually be returned to market. I think for yourselves that the best locations will be 8A or 9B in cabanas. These are the two most requested because most of the guide books suggest them. However, for your needs, they will actually be best. If you put my name on your fax, I can follow up on getting you situated. I can never promise a particular location, because we may be obligated to large groups or convention guest that buildings get blocked for. We do try, though....I mean actually try.....instead of just saying we do.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:03 am

loadsapixiedust, check you PM messages. I sent you one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?   

Back to top Go down

Can someone please help with finding the best room location for us?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1