Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Town car vs ME?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ktschmelzer
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Town car vs ME?   Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 pm

My family and I are visiting WDW in June. I am trying to save as much money on food and meals as possible. I was going to rent a town car ($55 one way) and have it stop at a grocery store to buy the basic groceries and some alcohol. Do you think this would be cheaper or do we take the ME and pay more for it at CS's little store? My goal is to eat breakfast in the room, take some snacks to the parks, eat a lite lunch and then have a really nice supper at one of the parks. Any thoughts or suggestions? This is our first trip and my boys are 9 and 6.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Town car vs ME?   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:20 pm

welcome #2 to the CSR Forums!!

I'm not a big fan of ME. Its okay and lots of people like it but I like to use the town car to get the grocery stop. Other use places like garden grocer and have items delivered to the resort or they ship item to themselves at the resort. Another option would be to use a taxi once at the resort. If you're trying to save money, you might want to look into the garden grocer option.

maddie&bensdad
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Town car vs ME?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm

This is a great question for our family too Buzz. There are four of us and therefore we're allowed 8 checked bags with Southwest at no charge. I was thinking about dedicating one suitcase to snacks, etc. for the flight down and using that same suitcase to pack souvenirs for the return flight since the food will be gone. I have been a little worried about the weight factor though and packing liquids (soda/wine, etc) or fruit, etc. Can you tell us more about the garden grocer option. Is there a website with information about it? Any idea about how much it would cost to take a taxi to the nearest Publix or Wal-Mart grocery store for a grocery run? Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with how far that might be or about the cost.

Also, the main reason I wanted to use ME was not to save money on a Town Car but in order to have ME pick up my luggage and deliver it to the room. If you sign up for ME I'm betting that you have to actually get on the bus to use the luggage service, correct? In other words you can't just take a Town Car and let ME tote the luggage to your room, correct?

Thanks again for this site!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Town car vs ME?   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 pm

Here is the link to GARDEN GROCER

It's best to have your deliveries after your arrival. There are no refrigerated holding areas for groceries delivered to the resort. Check out this post.

DELIVERIES

SHIPPING TO CSR

DoctorMike use Garden Grocer and love it. Read his quote below.

DoctorMike wrote:
Dining:

First, let me sing the praises of Garden Grocer (www.gardengrocer.com). We decided to eat breakfast in the room and pack lunches and snacks most days in order to save money to spend on nice dinners. We spent about $100 with Garden Grocers to buy cereal, bread, milk, two cases of bottled water, snacks, etc. – in other words, getting about 14 meals for 4 for the price of one dinner for 4 at a Disney restaurant. It was a money saver and, more importantly, a time saver. We could eat in the room in the morning and eat lunch on the fly at the parks. We saved at least an hour per day of prime riding time. In addition, because Garden Grocer offers a good selection of fresh and/or organic products, we were able to maintain something of a regular diet to offset the parade of mac-n-cheese when eating out. Garden Grocer’s website was easy to use. They called about 4 days prior to our trip to double check everything. They also called the day of arrival to make sure everything was in order. We requested delivery between 6-8 PM, but they delivered early to Bell Services (who brought everything to our room once we arrived). We received a call directly from the driver letting us know that the food had been delivered. The folks at Garden Grocer are terrific and I would recommend them highly.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Town car vs ME?   

Back to top Go down

Town car vs ME?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1