Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Few Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BoPeep
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Few Questions   Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Hello everyone, new to the board and I have a few questions about Coronado Springs obviously. I have found many answers to most of my questions already just from lurking around the last few days. Thanks to this wonderful site, I am just about sold on a stay at Coronado. We stayed at POR in 09 for Mardi Gras (we are from Louisiana,) and we were not pleased with the bus service at all & the layout of the resort was quite confusing. We planned a stay at Contemporary (excellent deal with a pin #) this May, but recently canceled it because our son's birthday falls on Mardi Gras Day next year. I am pretty sure we will not be getting the deal we had and are looking at staying at a moderate resort again. My other choice is the Swan & Dolphin because of the discounts for teachers and we could use a little extra room for DS4 to have a little room to play. The more I look at this board though, the more I want to stay at Coronado. Here are my questions:
1. I saw that you can ask for a roll away bed for a price. We would like a King bed because DS sleeps with us, but because of Firecodes this is not allowed for the three of us. So my question is can we have the rollaway and have a king? This would give us a little extra room if the bed is folded up.
2. We would like to stay in the cabanas, DH likes the beach look. I was thinking 9b because it is close to just about everything. My question is since our bus stop is #4 and we are not early risers will this cause a problem. Our dates will be March 4th or 5th through March 11th or 12th. We will have a car, but we will probably take a taxi so that we don't waste time trying to find our way around if we don't use the buses.
3. Can anyone compare CSR and POR travel distance to the parks? Will we be spending more time traveling this time if we stay here?
4. Can anyone give me reasons why the CSR is better than Swan or Dolphin? (Not really wanting to do Dining plan, do not need to charge to room, and we will probably not be swimming but DS will play on playground.) We will not be in the parks late at night. We will try to be at the parks early in the morning (DH is not an early riser so this may be hard) and spend a good bit of the day there and come back and rest before we eat dinner and then back to the resort for the night. Would like to have DS sleeping by 8:00 or 9:00pm. (He is not a napper.)
I am sure I will have a few more questions as I continue to plan.
Thanks in advance for all of your help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:14 pm

welcome #2 to the CSR Forums!!

1. I saw that you can ask for a roll away bed for a price. We would like a King bed because DS sleeps with us, but because of Firecodes this is not allowed for the three of us. So my question is can we have the rollaway and have a king? This would give us a little extra room if the bed is folded up. sorry, this is not allowed at any WDW resort for the same reason you mention.

2. We would like to stay in the cabanas, DH likes the beach look. I was thinking 9b because it is close to just about everything. My question is since our bus stop is #4 and we are not early risers will this cause a problem. Our dates will be March 4th or 5th through March 11th or 12th. We will have a car, but we will probably take a taxi so that we don't waste time trying to find our way around if we don't use the buses. Since CSR is a convention resort, the buses tend to be less crowded. Bus stop #4 is not the last stop for park buses. #1 is the last stop. Bus stop #1 is closer to 9b than #4. If you head to the park later in the morning, you could use 4 to avoid running into a full bus.

3. Can anyone compare CSR and POR travel distance to the parks? Will we be spending more time traveling this time if we stay here? CSR is a centrally located resort. Its very close to DHS, Epcot and AK with a 10 min ride to MK. See photo below.

4. Can anyone give me reasons why the CSR is better than Swan or Dolphin? (Not really wanting to do Dining plan, do not need to charge to room, and we will probably not be swimming but DS will play on playground.) We will not be in the parks late at night. We will try to be at the parks early in the morning (DH is not an early riser so this may be hard) and spend a good bit of the day there and come back and rest before we eat dinner and then back to the resort for the night. Would like to have DS sleeping by 8:00 or 9:00pm. (He is not a napper.) Swan & Dolphin has great location and access to the Friendship boats. I believe you have to pay $10.00 a day to park at the Swan & Dolphin and parking is free at CSR. Both are convention resorts. I like the main pool area at CSR better. There is an arcade, playground and more.

BoPeep
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Wow, you are really fast! I was wondering if anyone has a favorite room # in the Cabana section? I am also curious about "Alice" the gator. Living near a Bayou, we see them all the time and even went to an alligator farm over the summer. Is there always one around, or is this one just sneaking in until they catch it an get rid of it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 am

It seems like there is always a gator around. Its just a matter of whether you see it or not.

Glenn&Sharon
CSR Regular
CSR Regular

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:39 pm

BoPeep wrote:

3. Can anyone compare CSR and POR travel distance to the parks? Will we be spending more time traveling this time if we stay here?
:

We have stayed at POR and CSR, and the bus service at CSR is much better. POR shares with POFQ, CSR has it's own busses. Then, CSR is more centrally located - it's a short trip to AK and DHS, and only 10 minutes to MK. I don't recall how long the trip from POR to MK was, but it seemed to take forever.

The only transpotation we liked better at POR was the boat to DTD

HTH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoPeep
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Thank you, DH was very disappointed with the bus service at POR. He already said we will drive or take a taxi if there is a problem this time around. I know, it did seem like the ride to MK took forever from POR. Once we can get prices for next March, I am pretty certain we will be staying CSR this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KatMark
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

I see that Buzz and Glenn&Sharon have already asnwered your questions, but I just wanted to welcome you. welcome #2

If you decide to stay at the CSR, I think you will really enjoy. We've stayed eight times and it truly is our "home away from home."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoPeep
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Thank you, it does look like a very peaceful place. I have to admit, after viewing this site and all of the pictures, I am thinking of spending some time just around the resort for some relaxation. All of you have done a wonderful job with showing how great this place can really be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions   

Back to top Go down

Few Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1