Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
La_nina86
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello,
Staying at Coronado and we are EXCITED!!!! Its our first time there.
-
Our vacation "vacation" starts Aug 15 - 22. We booked a package through Disney - Free Dining Plan, park tickets, resort etc etc
My husband had Aug 14th off from work so we decided to leave on the 14th. When I called Disney to make the appropriate changes they told me I should book a room only for the 14th since the free dining promotion starts the 15th. I booked a room for the 14th at Coronado.

My questions are -
Will we have to check out the 15th and then check back in? Do we have to change rooms and carry our luggage around? I didnt think this through when I booked the room only for the 14th.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ivonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:47 pm

That is no problem!! When you check in, be sure to tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation (terminology). They are then able to "block" a room for both of your reservations. That way you will not have to move. Check with the Front Desk CM when you pick up your KTTW (Keys to the World) that this has been done.

On the morning of check out for the first reservation, come to the Front Desk. The CM will check you out of your first reservation and then check you in for the second. In cases like this, the second is usually a Magic Your Way package for several days. When you check in to the second reservation, you will be given new KTTWs for the second reservation that access all of the features included in your reservation, and then.....off to play!

If you should get a naive cashier, always ask to speak with the FSA (Front Desk Services Adviser) who is always a cast member with lots of experience.

If you have any issues, John always tells guests to find a CM who has a brass pin near the top of their Disney badge. Those are cast members who have been recognized for seniority or other accomplishments.

Have a great trip!!

La_nina86
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Check in online or in person?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:03 am

Hello,
My family and I wil lbe leaving to CSR soon!!! Can't wait!!!

Situation - I have two separate reservations one is for a one day room only - Aug 14 and my second reservation is the package deal from Aug 15 - 23.

Having two separate reservations should I check in online or wait until I get to the resort. I am not sure what to do since I will have to check in on the 14th and then continue my reservation on the 15th.

Any suggestions or help is welcomed.

Ivonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:15 am

Hi Ivonne

I prefer to check-in in person so that I can interact with the CM but on-line seems to be the flavor of the month. With on-line check-in, there is no place to request location.

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 am

Here is a post with a few responses to your question about on-line vs in person.

CLICK HERE

La_nina86
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Requests   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:40 am

Me again, Sorry for so many questions/

So if I check in online I will not be able to request the area that I wanted, but if I wait to check in in person I may have a chance?
I requested my choice with the travel agent, will that make a difference?

Thanks - Im just not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:51 am

No problem with the questions, that is what this forum is for. Yes, informing your TA is a big help. If you are doing an on-line check in, I would also fax in the request 4 days prior to arrival. When you do on-line check-in, correct, there is no place to add your request and when you get to the resort, they just hand you your packet with room keys so there is no chance to change or really talk to the CM. That's kinda the point of on-line check-in so that it move more quickly.

La_nina86
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:54 am

Thank you for all your help.

I think I am going to wait and do the in person check in. I am looking for the interaction with the CM and hopefully we can get the CABANA section... lol!

Thanks
Ivonne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?   

Back to top Go down

Check in online or in person? / Reservation ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1