Back to the HOME PAGE. You may also want to check out the FAQ PAGE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KatMark
CSR Guru
CSR Guru

PostSubject: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:35 pm

For 2011 POR and CSR now both have a preferred location category which will cost additional just as it does at the CBR. Rumor has it that Casitas 1, 2 and 3 will be the preferred locations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 pm

I read that but was waiting from some confirmation.

Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs have BOTH added a "Preferred Room" category. Just as with Caribbean Beach, this doesn't guarantee any sort of view, but rather that your room will be close to the main building. I didn't see this listed for the French Quarter. It may just have not been available for the dates I saw, or because the resort is so small, it may not be offered.

Lastly, in the moderate category, Coronado Springs will now guarantee a view when you book a king bed. You can now book a water view king bed room or a preferred king bed room. This is in addition to just plain "King Bed", which I assume is a standard view.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:22 pm

On the Disney site, it reads "Located closer to the convention center and main building" so you are probably correct Kathy about casitas 1, 2, and 3. The cost for preferred rooms are the same as for a king or waterview room and a king preferred room is even higher.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Is it me or is Disney pricing these rooms through the roof. Regular season weekend $195 for standard and $220 for waterview, king and preferred and $230 for a king preferred. Regular season weekday is $180 for standard and $205 for waterview, king and preferred and $215 for a king preferred. surrender

frodesen
CSR Guru & Resident CM

PostSubject: preferred rooms   Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

I believe this starts in January, it will be some of Casitas and Cabanas. There will be a formal announcement coming out soon. Until then, it is all pretty much conjecture. Seems to me this would have a lot more relevance to POR and CBR than to CSR. When there is a convention, the idea of preferred rooms in Casitas and Cabanas 9a or 9b is pretty much academic. Groups will have those blocked off for the conventions to begin with.

The question that I really have is: when a guest is checking in and there is a room available in a "preferred location", will a CM have to add a charge if WE upgrade the guest because of their request. If not, the entire concept of special pricing for preferred rooms becomes pretty much a non-issue, except during very high occupancy periods that do not include conferences, eg. Christmas through New Years dates.

For myself, I don't quite understand the concern. As an adult, I would personally prefer water view in Casitas 4 or 5. With children, I think the best is Ranchos 7b or Cabana 8a. Personal habits might alter this a bit; but if there is actual need, say limited mobility for an guest, we would find a way to accommodate that without extra charges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idorunyc357
CSR Newbie
CSR Newbie

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:33 pm

OK, so I'm a bit confused by all of this - is 9B all Business Club rooms?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Yes, cabana 9b is still business club level.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:36 pm

For those that may have heard or read some info about the preferred rooms at CSR next year, there has not been anything formal on this to date. The latest info I heard is that it would include SOME casitas and cabanas, not all of them. I think that it is much more reasonable to expect that it will include only rooms that are close to El Centro (main building), that is the way that preferred rooms are allocated at the value resorts. But again, nothing official has been released yet. It wouldn't make sense to have the majority of resort rooms in a preferred status...it would make more sense just to raise the rates for the entire resort.

Buzz2001
Nado's #1 Fan!
Nado's #1 Fan!

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:19 am

NEW!!

Coronado Springs has a few new room categories. You’ll find the Standard View, Water View and King Bed Rooms, as well as some Suites which are mostly geared to the business traveler. They now have Preferred Rooms in Casitas 1, 2, & 3. You can also book a Preferred Water View or a Preferred King Room.

Last edited by Buzz2001 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://buzz2k1.wix.com/coronado
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)   

Back to top Go down

CSR to have preferred rooms in 2011 (UPDATED - 11/23)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1